Shout out to Vortex

Chris S

FNG
I have 2 scopes on my kids youth guns and have been happy with them. I cant speak for their binos but I know guys like them and rave about their service. The thing is about a quarter of the guys have sent them in mostly for focusing issues.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
I’m in the market for some new binos. Kind of seems like you can’t go wrong with vortex. I’m looking at possibly some used binos so there transferable warranty is a big selling feature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would recommend the Viper line and up if budget allows. That being said there is better glass options out there too, Meopta being one of them!

tsm213

FNG
I would recommend the Viper line and up if budget allows. That being said there is better glass options out there too, Meopta being one of them!

If I can find a good used pair of vipers I may go that route

My dataset is getting a bit dated but you can tell vortex did away with edge distortion by limiting FOV on their viper line. It’s piss poor compared to competitors.

16Bore

WKR
There is a warm and fuzzy with their no bullshit warranty, as much as I’d hate to admit it.

OP
ZackP

ZackP

WKR
My dataset is getting a bit dated but you can tell vortex did away with edge distortion by limiting FOV on their viper line. It’s piss poor compared to competitors.

FOV in my Vipers was better than the Maven C1 I compared them to by a pretty noticeable margin. Although the C1 presented a superior image.

I've had many great experiences with vortex customer service. Never had a good experience with Nightforce or Swarovski cs probably because I've never needed to use it.
I just don't have any faith in vortex products anymore although I do still pack around a razor spotter.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Unfortunately I have had to use Swaro's warranty program. And it was awful. 3 months out from a Dall sheep hunt the fine focus adjust on one of the eyes of my bino's came off. I called them and they said no problem they will mail me one. 3 weeks later I got it, and they sent me the wrong piece. They sent an eye cup, not even close to what I described. I called again and they had some attitude about how they sent the piece, so they didn't see the problem. When I finally convinced them it was the wrong one, they told me I would have to send in my bino's so they could assess the issue and decide if they would fix it. They said if they declined to cover it, it would cost a couple hundred bucks. Since I had no choice, I sent them in. Obviously I would pay for the repair, but it galled me after paying as much as I did to buy to optics in the first place (they did end up covering it). And the time it took was ridiculous. They had them in their possession for over a month before repair work was even begun. I got them back only 2 days prior to my trip.

So all is well that ends well, I guess. I love my bino's and do not regret for a minute having bought them. But I feel Swaro's customer service leaves a lot to be desired. You may not have to use it often, but when you do, it's a nightmare. Hopefully others have had better experiences.

I really like Vortex. Especially the Razors. Never had any issues and use them all the time. Going out west only couple times a year they do a great job. And can’t beat the warranty.

I agree about their CS being the absolute best! Now If my crappy internet provider could take notes that would be great.