FNG
Black Diamond, w/ extra diy guylines
0f66dc552f89fe6ab95aaadf6c3609e4.jpg

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
That's a great combo...6man and silvertip. Your "pipe" looks to be on the short side though. #nohomo

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
I just ordered the Seek Outside 4-man Tipi with a large stove today.

I’ll be using it either solo or with my Son, so hope I’ll have plenty of room when solo.

Can’t wait to get it and try it out!

I have the SO 4 man and the large stove and its really nice by yourself. When its storming and you have backpacks, wood and two people its still has enough room to keep you comfortable, and its very packable.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a great combo...6man and silvertip. Your "pipe" looks to be on the short side though. #nohomo

Lately I have been debating weather to sell my 4 man and get a 6 man for the times I am closer to the road/truck but still small enough to pack it in 4 to 8 miles, and a silvertip for the really long trips. I do love my 4 man though.

Natevon04

FNG
b45481920e0e09c7a985ed18d8e97be3.jpg
1ff05b86eb2730a2b04f1f835040eeb9.jpg

Seek Outside 8 man with XLS stove.

4 guys is pushing it with gear and the stove

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Natevon04

FNG
This might be one of my favorite tipi pics ever. LOVE it!! What state?

Thanks a lot! It was my 2018 North Idaho goat hunt. We got some really neat pics and I don’t know if we’ll ever beat that trip. Pretty special to me bc my dad was able to make it all the way out there with us. I Appreciate the comment.

isu22andy

WKR
Ive never camped in the back country, but how warm do you guys get in those tipis with the stoves when its 20-50 degrees outside ? Im cold blooded and it doesnt take fast for me to get chilly especially before bed. How warm of bag do you run then if you have the stove going ?

Natevon04

FNG
Ive never camped in the back country, but how warm do you guys get in those tipis with the stoves when its 20-50 degrees outside ? Im cold blooded and it doesnt take fast for me to get chilly especially before bed. How warm of bag do you run then if you have the stove going ?

These tipis are awesome, when you run the stove it will get as warm as you want it and it’s extremely comfy and you can dry your stuff out but the problem is that these stoves have so many cracks and are so thin that they only burn for about 2 hours before going completely out IME. With a good insulated pad you should be fine down to 10 degrees with a 15 degree bag. Just use the stove to dry your stuff out at night and take the chill off in the morning. Well worth the investment if your going to spend multiple nights/days out in the elements.

isu22andy

WKR
Anywhere where you dont have to spend as much as a new rifle and scope for a tent ? These SO are just as much as Kifaru ones . Trying to get into this western hunting and everywhere you turn its a 1000 bucks.

OP
PredatorX

PredatorX

WKR
Might want to check out jimmy tarps if looking to cut shelter costs. I think one of the mods here also makes them.

tttoadman

WKR
Anywhere where you dont have to spend as much as a new rifle and scope for a tent ? These SO are just as much as Kifaru ones . Trying to get into this western hunting and everywhere you turn its a 1000 bucks.
Check out Lux shelters. They are built overseas. I saw them in person at a trade show in Portland OR. They are built well, just not as high tech as the Kifaru and the SO. Pack an extra pound or two for less money and see if the TP thing is for you or not.

isu22andy

WKR
How do you guys manage with no floor ? Bugs and critters crawl around ya ? ? Rain and snowy ground ? Seems like a muddy mess!

How do you guys manage with no floor ? Bugs and critters crawl around ya ? ? Rain and snowy ground ? Seems like a muddy mess!

That’s what I thought about 7 or 8 years ago, before discovering floorless. Now I seldom use a traditional tent.

452b264

Lil-Rokslider
It will get 75/80 degrees in the tipi. I dont run the stove all night only to warm up, dry my gear out and cook on the stove. In the morning start a fire while your still in your bag and get up after the coffee is ready. I use a -20 degree bag in late winter and 15 degree bag for cooler times of the year.