Ram94

WKR
2736fd9986f1baf4b597f6573b6518b0.jpg

Kifaru Tut - Sheep opener 2019

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
Love my SO 4-man.

Just a couple pictures from a seven-day, hundred-mile remote float-trip in western Alaska. My son got his first brown bear...a nice 9ft boar, aged by ADFG at 9-12 years old.

Didn't see another person for the entire trip...

InkedIMG_2299_LI.jpgIMG_0849.jpeg

as.ks.ak

WKR
Love my SO 4-man.

Just a couple pictures from a seven-day, hundred-mile remote float-trip in western Alaska. My son got his first brown bear...a nice 9ft boar, aged by ADFG at 9-12 years old.

Didn't see another person for the entire trip...

View attachment 164892View attachment 164893

You can’t say 9’ boar and just casually not include a picture!! Especially during these times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
You can’t say 9’ boar and just casually not include a picture!! Especially during these times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point...sorry about that. I was trying to respect the thread title.

I wrote about my float trip and the two-week remote drop-hunt for moose that followed. That's in the "Moose" section on Rokslide:

When I did the original thread I didn't include the picture of my son and I with his bear because it's special to me. That said, I changed my mind this morning (given all that's going on), and posted it...you'll find it at the end of page 2.

It was mentioned earlier, but how do you keep the creepy crawlies out of the tipi!? and how heavy are the stoves? Do you guys carry those things far into the backcountry?

Felix40

WKR
It was mentioned earlier, but how do you keep the creepy crawlies out of the tipi!? and how heavy are the stoves? Do you guys carry those things far into the backcountry?

What kind of “creepy crawlies” are you talking about? There are nests made to keep mosquitoes out but they arent usually a problem in the mountains. Same could be said for snakes. Other than that theres not really anything else to worry about.