Show me your sheep rig

Well it is a new year and my head is already living in August 25 (sheep season here). Making some changes to my sheep rig and thought I would ask everyone else to show and shine their rigs. For fun add what you like/don't like about it and if you want how many rams it owns.

My new rig is a Tikka T3X SS in 6.5 CM with a nightforce SHV 3-10. Nightforce pic rail and ultralite rings. Will post pics soon. I like the tikka in general as a lightweight rig, The scope is quite top heavy though for balance in the hands. I wanted 100% reliability which is why I went the SHV route. It's basically the rifle that Rokslide built... Owns 0 rams at the moment. Hoping to change that this year.

2016-12-02_08-25-22_477.jpg
Custom built 6.5 x 284

IChaseCoues

Lil-Rokslider
20190218_091844.jpg

My "everything but Coues" sheep rifle. Custom 7WSM on a Remington Model 7 action, lone wolf stock and Nikon Monarch 2.5-10. It has become my go to rifle. Accurate, sub 7lb scoped, enough energy for elk at 500, and built by yours truly!

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
Remington model 7, 7saum,
Wildcat stock, Timmney trigger, Gre-Tan Ultra light firing pin and bolt shroud and a skeletonized bolt handle. Done all the mod aside from fit and finishing the stock on my own. Glass is a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x with the B&C reticle. Shoots 150 ABLR into tiny little groups. 6.4 lbs with sling, and ammo.
79627af2af2d128cb4dcb5f3147a5524.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

OP
O
Remington model 7, 7saum,
Wildcat stock, Timmney trigger, Gre-Tan Ultra light firing pin and bolt shroud and a skeletonized bolt handle. Done all the mod aside from fit and finishing the stock on my own. Glass is a Leupold VX3 2.5-8x with the B&C reticle. Shoots 150 ABLR into tiny little groups. 6.4 lbs with sling, and ammo.
79627af2af2d128cb4dcb5f3147a5524.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
Lots to like there.

Miahjera

FNG
It certainly isn't the lightest out there, but here is what I'm going to use to go after my first sheep this September. It's a Seekins Precision Havak PH1 in 6.5CM. Custom painted stock, Jewell Trigger, with a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44. It isn't the lightest at 9lbs, but I know it's a shooter.

Attachments

• PSX_20190613_142836.jpg
    PSX_20190613_142836.jpg
    637 KB · Views: 115

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
This fall, I will be taking my Tikka T3X SL in 6.5 CM, topped with a SWFA 3-9 in Hawkins Hybrid rings. It weighs 7 pounds 10 ounces with the three round magazine I will use for hunting, loaded with 147 gr ELD-Ms. It is another rifle that RokSlide built.

View attachment 102735

Did you chop the barrel on that??? I’ve got the same thing but the 24.3” barrel needs to be shortened.

BAKPAKR

WKR
Did you chop the barrel on that??? I’ve got the same thing but the 24.3” barrel needs to be shortened.

The barrel is stock. I couldn’t shorten it too much because of the fluting. Since I don’t plan on using it for hunting in the timber and could not chop much off, I will likely leave it as is. If I had the unfluted version, I would be tempted to take it down to 20”.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The barrel is stock. I couldn’t shorten it too much because of the fluting. Since I don’t plan on using it for hunting in the timber and could not chop much off, I will likely leave it as is. If I had the unfluted version, I would be tempted to take it down to 20”.

It looks shorter than mine, mine came with a 24.3" barrel, I think I could fairly easily chop 3" off and still not get down to the flutes. Id probably still have an inch or so.

BAKPAKR

WKR
It looks shorter than mine, mine came with a 24.3" barrel, I think I could fairly easily chop 3" off and still not get down to the flutes. Id probably still have an inch or so.

Ok, you got me wondering so I pulled my LH T3X SL out of the safe and measured the barrel. It sticks out about 21.25” in front of the receiver. So, around a 22” barrel? The Sportsman’s Warehouse website has it listed as being 24.3”. I never questioned it, but that could explain why my velocities were a little lower than I had expected.

The difference between the website specs and my measurement means either a) you can’t believe everything you read on the internet or b) my tape was mismarked. I am hoping for the latter as that same tape showed my moose from last year to be just a little short of B&C 😀

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Ok, you got me wondering so I pulled my LH T3X SL out of the safe and measured the barrel. It sticks out about 21.25” in front of the receiver. So, around a 22” barrel? The Sportsman’s Warehouse website has it listed as being 24.3”. I never questioned it, but that could explain why my velocities were a little lower than I had expected.

The difference between the website specs and my measurement means either a) you can’t believe everything you read on the internet or b) my tape was mismarked. I am hoping for the latter as that same tape showed my moose from last year to be just a little short of B&C 😀

I believe they made it in both barrel lengths but the more recent ones have the 24.3" barrel, I know mine is 24 because I had to buy a new gun case to bring it back home to AK (got it while visiting family down south). Id prefer the 22" so my plan is to drop it off in Anchorage after my sheep hunt in August to get chopped and re crowned.

Wrongside

WKR
The LH 6.5CM models all got 22” barrels. For whatever reason. When I ordered mine, it was supposed to come with the 24”. My dealer called and offered a refund when he found out they were coming with 22”. I prefer 22” anyways, so declined his offer. ;)