Show of Hands

as.ks.ak

WKR
Show of hands. How many else here run to Rokslide to brag about their favorite new purchases but then in the next breath tell their significant others the infamous, “Oh no honey, I’ve had this for awhile.”

I recently acquired a new boat annnnnd kind of hid it from my wife for... well, awhile... was absolutely terrified for my life and finally got up the liquid courage to spill the beans...

Please tell me I’m not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
as.ks.ak

as.ks.ak

WKR
How does one hide a boat?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Very carefully...

It’s a long story. And to make it a long story longer, I live remote. So Im having a buddy snag it and keep it at his house until I can get the 18 hrs over there to pick it up...He’s actually on this forum. I’m certain he’ll see this and LOL.

Scrappy

WKR
I ask my wife all the time if I get paid this week. I'm supposed to get a pay check every other week. No matter what week I ask her she tells me I don't get paid this week and I have no money. I can't remember the last time I got paid. Wonder if my employer stopped paying me years ago 🤔😕

I hid a truck for a couple of weeks a couple of years back...
She accuses me of planning hunting trips without telling her all the time.
I had to stop telling her about them as I was leaving for the airport...she liked a bit more notice than that....

Show of hands. How many else here run to Rokslide to brag about their favorite new purchases but then in the next breath tell their significant others the infamous, “Oh no honey, I’ve had this for awhile.”

I recently acquired a new boat annnnnd kind of hid it from my wife for... well, awhile... was absolutely terrified for my life and finally got up the liquid courage to spill the beans...

Please tell me I’m not the only one.

Now you got to show the boat to us! It for the kids!

OP
as.ks.ak

as.ks.ak

WKR
Now you got to show the boat to us! It for the kids!

So it’s nothing crazy. These are pics other owners have sent the guy who sells these. He’s out of Palmer, AK. “Chugach mountain Sports” is the brand. Since he’s been selling them he’s had a hard time keeping any on hand. He’s changed the transom mount angle so unlike a lot of inflatables, when you go to get up on step this thing supposedly actually does it. As opposed to a normal inflatable that likes to act like a barge and push the water VS get up on top of it. If you know, you know.

It is 18’ long, 56” wide. 18” tube diameter, only 138 lbs empty. And can haul 1500lbs. Can handle up to 25 HP.

I’ll throw a 15-20HP 4 Stroke Short Shaft on there. Maybe do a jet kit at some point. We’ll see what applications I end up using it for. It will be easy to transport too which was a big plus for me.

It’ll allow us to cruise up some of the bigger rivers and have all sorts of fun fishing lakes in BC and the Yukon in the summers with my kiddo, as well as access some new areas I’ve wanted to get into in the fall. Whenever he gets to that age to go have fun with dad we’ll have it. He’s only 5 months now soooooo dad has been slowly acquiring him toys while I can still afford too.

Now hopefully he’s the slightest bit interested in my hobbies.

8fa3a76060cfa893139b9dbda5f0bbf9.png

adc4266597c820404e9eb2d87aa35ffd.png

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
I discuss really big purchases with my wife. If we truly have the money, than I just buy most things. If I have to scrape money together or am not sure I should actually buy it I discuss it with her. I buy all her tools as I'm a gearhead and only buy quality, she would get the cheapest thing that might work otherwise (photography and silversmithing are not exactly cheap. The result is she does not begrudge it when I make purchases for me. It also helps that she likes camping and foraging, so more often than not my problem is I need two of everything.

Clearly this would not work for everyone. I also don't have anything as expensive as a boat/quad/snow machine which is how I can offered nice packs and such. It will be several more years before my toys can get into that price range.

SLDMTN

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s a long story. And to make it a long story longer, I live remote. So Im having a buddy snag it and keep it at his house until I can get the 18 hrs over there to pick it up...He’s actually on this forum. I’m certain he’ll see this and LOL.
Shame on you and shame on your friend for enabling this travesty...