Show of Hands

Clarktar

WKR
So it’s nothing crazy. These are pics other owners have sent the guy who sells these. He’s out of Palmer, AK. “Chugach mountain Sports” is the brand. Since he’s been selling them he’s had a hard time keeping any on hand. He’s changed the transom mount angle so unlike a lot of inflatables, when you go to get up on step this thing supposedly actually does it. As opposed to a normal inflatable that likes to act like a barge and push the water VS get up on top of it. If you know, you know.

It is 18’ long, 56” wide. 18” tube diameter, only 138 lbs empty. And can haul 1500lbs. Can handle up to 25 HP.

I’ll throw a 15-20HP 4 Stroke Short Shaft on there. Maybe do a jet kit at some point. We’ll see what applications I end up using it for. It will be easy to transport too which was a big plus for me.

It’ll allow us to cruise up some of the bigger rivers and have all sorts of fun fishing lakes in BC and the Yukon in the summers with my kiddo, as well as access some new areas I’ve wanted to get into in the fall. Whenever he gets to that age to go have fun with dad we’ll have it. He’s only 5 months now soooooo dad has been slowly acquiring him toys while I can still afford too.

Now hopefully he’s the slightest bit interested in my hobbies.

8fa3a76060cfa893139b9dbda5f0bbf9.png

adc4266597c820404e9eb2d87aa35ffd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Damn. Those look rad. Would one of these be good for exploring the vast multi thread channel of the copper river delta?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Smokey12

Lil-Rokslider
I just usually wait until mine questions me about the credit card bill lol!

Mackerel

FNG
Are you implying that some guys actually come right out and say that they spent a lot of money to the wife? The wives of those rare breed probably don’t complain considering the size of nads on said husband for fear of being crushed.

Mosby

WKR
Show of hands. How many else here run to Rokslide to brag about their favorite new purchases but then in the next breath tell their significant others the infamous, “Oh no honey, I’ve had this for awhile.”

I recently acquired a new boat annnnnd kind of hid it from my wife for... well, awhile... was absolutely terrified for my life and finally got up the liquid courage to spill the beans...

Please tell me I’m not the only one.

My brother has done it successfully in the past. My wife unfortunately is significantly brighter than his and I learned a long time ago not to poke the bear. I take a different approach. I figure out how buying something will benefit one of my children.

As an example, I bought an brand new Husky 372XPW when they were being discountinued. I already had several chainsaws and had just bought a new Stihl 361, which was also being discontinued. I showed her the wrap handle on the 372 and told her it was a left handed chainsaw and much safer for our oldest...and left handed son to use. Safety first. It worked.

Laramie

WKR
My wife and I made a deal many years ago. We each have an allowance per say. I keep $300 out of each check for whatever I want use it for and she does the same. I haven't ever had to hide a thing and neither has she. Our vacation budgets come out of this if we so choose but in general it is my hunting/outdoor fund but also use it if I want to buy her something without her knowing. I would encourage everyone to consider something similar. It's a great feeling never having to feel guilty about buying something... Removes a lot of stress.

hunterjmj

WKR
We do finances together about once/week and nothing is hidden and never felt the need to. If she wants something we save and make it happen. Same goes for me. Some stuff we just plain can't afford so it doesn't happen.

Oregonboy

WKR
You're definitely not alone. Back when I used to work in an office it was easy to have things shipped to the building or hit the tackle shop at lunch. Now I work from home and it's much harder to explain the package flow.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
I don't have to hide how I spend money. It's unfortunate that some have to. I couldn't do it.
Couldn't agree more. I lost a cousin, and my best hunting/fishing friend to a woman who lives to control him. I am only speaking for myself here, but I work my ass off to be a provider, attempt to be the best dad that ever lived and a good husband. I laugh and get upset that some good dudes have to "catch their wife in a good mood, or clean the house, do this and that" etc to be allowed to "ask" to do something they love. It's quite embarrassing from my perspective, and lends me to believe that the either the wrong person was chosen, or a level of mutual respect hasn't been met.
On a lighter note, and one which the OP may be alluding to, yes, I see the tongue in cheek joke about a purchase you forget to mention.

For a bit more than a few years I let my wife (Guatemalan) handle the finances. I could not figure out for the life of me why we were always broke. I came to find out we owned 3 beautiful homes, in Guatemala. Needless to say, my wife does not handle the finances since prior to me finding out about the houses, and we are no longer broke. So those packages I receive, well she does not get to say a single word about them.

OP
as.ks.ak

as.ks.ak

WKR
On a lighter note, and one which the OP may be alluding to, yes, I see the tongue in cheek joke about a purchase you forget to mention.

Very tongue and cheek.

I should have done a precursor stating that my wife is extremely understanding and that I don’t spend recklessly.

I did not intend on this being a thread where guys jump on here all holier than thou and tell other guys how they should be handling their personal relationships/finances.

Different strokes for different folks. All I was getting at is, it’s a lot harder to hide a boat than it is a new pair of binos.

She’s excited about the boat now though, guys. So there’s that.

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Very tongue and cheek.

I should have done a precursor stating that my wife is extremely understanding and that I don’t spend recklessly.

I did not intend on this being a thread where guys jump on here all holier than thou and tell other guys how they should be handling their personal relationships/finances.

Different strokes for different folks. All I was getting at is, it’s a lot harder to hide a boat than it is a new pair of binos.

She’s excited about the boat now though, guys. So there’s that.

The sad thing is I have seen enough desfunctional relationships that the joke was lost on me....but even if I'm not laughing with you, at least you can laugh at me.

yojo.3

FNG
She always knows when im going to buy something. because i gotta go look at it at the store or online research it for weeks. And i have my fun money account that i get to buy whatever with. Not enough in the account i dont let myself buy it. If she questions how much something cost well "its a great day out isn't it?"

Buck197

WKR
Show of hands. How many else here run to Rokslide to brag about their favorite new purchases but then in the next breath tell their significant others the infamous, “Oh no honey, I’ve had this for awhile.”

I recently acquired a new boat annnnnd kind of hid it from my wife for... well, awhile... was absolutely terrified for my life and finally got up the liquid courage to spill the beans...

Please tell me I’m not the only one.

that allegedly happened yesterday!!!