Show of Hands

Show of hands. How many else here run to Rokslide to brag about their favorite new purchases but then in the next breath tell their significant others the infamous, “Oh no honey, I’ve had this for awhile.”

I recently acquired a new boat annnnnd kind of hid it from my wife for... well, awhile... was absolutely terrified for my life and finally got up the liquid courage to spill the beans...

Please tell me I’m not the only one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey sweetie, remember when you told me "WE were pregnant?" Well WE bought a boat!

AKDoc

WKR
There might have been a few times over the years when I waited to inform my wonderful wife of a purchase, although I am always truthful.

You know, waiting until the timing was more likely to be productive. I prefer to think of that as being thoughtful of her feelings...certainly not at all avoidant on my part...well, maybe a little avoidant a couple of times...ummm well, it might have been more than a little avoidant...OK, OK, it was all about avoiding telling her...there, I said it...my hand is up. You are NOT alone whatsoever as.ks.ak ...buying my second raft definitely fell in that category!

A sincere suggestion: For those of us with a passion for hunting and fishing that is not also shared by our wives, research the term "social capital". It is a very applicable concept to learn and add to the genuine love we have for our wives. I have made (and continue to make) many loving and genuinely valued social deposits that have mostly off-set my hunting/fishing withdrawals...mostly...although my account has been overdrawn a time or two...OK, OK, more than a time or two...geez!

If we have the money, I’ll just buy stuff, and she will at some point catch on, and I will accept being busted.

she is a good sport, she gives me some static once in awhile, but all light hearted

I have been on a roll recently, and she knows it, but I don’t think she knows the extent.

not much hiding things though, she keeps pretty good tabs on the cards... she keeps all of the income straight, so it’s not like I can spend money without her knowing about it.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
A boat!!?? (What the....?? under my breath is she blind??? Do they have like a bunch of boats?? Is it a toy boat like a model? A canoe? I am full of questions)....

-snaps back to reality-

Yeah I bought a ranch in Montana but my wife can’t even tell the differences between the ranches so it’s all good what she doesn’t know won’t hurt her right!?

Ravenk

FNG
My wife gets to find out if I'm hiding just a pin, and you successfully hid a boat? Big ups to you man!!

Squamch

WKR
I don't hide it, but I also don't come right out and tell her what things cost if she doesn't ask. My wife is perpetually convinced that we have no money, despite what the accounts may say.
I buy tools when I need them, ammo when I need it, and gear when I need it. I pay my bills, she pays hers.

She can't handle the stress of owing money well at all, so when I float materials for a job for a couple grand...she doesn't need to know, she would just be asking if I had been paid for it yet every day.

Buckshotaz

Lil-Rokslider
Along these same lines, I "won" a fishing trip in Mexico 3 out of 5 years. I would save money all year to pay for the one week trip, and two months before the trip I would draft a congratulations letter from a concrete supply company, including their logo in the letterhead, saying that I had won second place for a charter fishing trip in Mexico. First place was always something exotic, and I would complain to my wife about winning first place.

The off years of not winning a fishing trip, I would take her on a nice vacation.