Show off some mulies!

OP
Mule34

Mule34

FNG
you all have some amazing deer on your walls! I hope for that eventually...hahaha

I actually set my binoculars on top of my pack and pinch the phone with the binoculars
Heck, that is a great idea. I’m going to use that from now on. Sure beats how I was doing it. Worked okay meaning it against the handle of the bag. Where at??? Hmmm...your side of the state lol. Send me a PM, some people don’t like it when people name names on these public forums.

Both WA Public Land General Season Mulies, shot off the same rock, 3 years apart.

IMG_2963.jpegIMG_2964.jpeg

My goal is to kill a B&C buck during WA General. Had already tagged the Euro buck last year when I finally found two significantly larger bucks a few days later. He fell 4-3/4" short of B&C Award after drying...

IMG_8613.JPG

This is a buck I hunted for 3 years, and the first harvest where I felt like I had "figured it out" and earned it, and by far the deer I'm most proud of even if he's not that great of a buck.

Spotted winter of 2013 while doing forestry in our hunting area, he was a big 3x w/o G4's. Huge (300,000 Acre) fire burned everything in our area the summer of 2014, never turned him up that fall. 2015 he was a crabclaw 4x but with his distinctive tall and dark frame, I spotted him from about a mile away with my ol' man, put him to bed, and hauled ass over to him. Got the gun steady just in time to watch his backside walking away through the trees, ate tag soup that year. 2016 we had him patterned and I was again hunting him exclusively, until a toad of an inline 5x5 with double eye-guards on both sides appeared out of nowhere, missed just high at 460 yards in the pouring rain, I have never been more bummed in my entire hunting career.

I went back to the spot of the miss the next day and by pure happenstance the buck I had originally been hunting literally happened to just walk by out of the trees on his routine path and that was that. By far the hardest pack out I've had as well, but man was I stoked. The best part of it all was that my father sacrificed a significant amount of his own hunting time over those three seasons to help me harvest this particular deer, so it was as long, challenging, and meaningful of a father-son experience as you could ask for.

mcseal2

WKR
Here are my 3 best so far. I only get time for one out of state hunt each year and rotate through states and species. I don't hunt muleys nearly as often as I'd like. I'm pretty much hooked on them as my favorite species.

Attachments

• DSCF4044.JPG
    DSCF4044.JPG
    322.2 KB · Views: 307
  • 030.JPG
    030.JPG
    352.4 KB · Views: 309
  • My buck 3.jpg
    My buck 3.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 307

Wapiti1

WKR
Here are my 3 best so far. I only get time for one out of state hunt each year and rotate through states and species. I don't hunt muleys nearly as often as I'd like. I'm pretty much hooked on them as my favorite species.

I like that thumbhole Winchester. Great bucks.

Jeremy

Wapiti1

WKR
More Montana bucks. Not a great photo of them. One of these days I'll get them out of the shop and mounted. Funny, the buck I posted on page one is one of the rare photos that I have of a kill from pre-2000. I didn't have a camera for a lot of years and hunted alone.

Jeremy

The high county mountain bucks have most definitely earned my respect.
c5589d10988345fba937fe8d2071eacc.jpg