Show us how you carry your bow

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Doing a backpack hunt in a few weeks and I don’t want to have my bow in my hands at all times. I’ve been lashing my bow with some of the extra straps on my pack but I’d like to see some of yalls ideas or gadgets that you use to carry your bow on long hauls.

thanks

11boo

WKR
I bought a belt hook this winter , glad you posted this. I need to dig it out.

usually mine is in hand, but pack carry is nice sometimes. I hope the belt hook thing works when I need both hands for something else.

36C8C5CF-F462-413C-B7FF-D4EDB48C927E.jpeg

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
If I want to get hands free I just use the compression straps on the back of my pack and hope for the best. Some packs you have to get creative with strap orientation but usually not too hard. I've thought about getting a bow sling to protect the sight but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I've been really considering the T&K bow sling, seems pretty well built and thought out.

I think it weighs 50 pounds when it’s hanging off my fingers by the string for 10 miles a day.

I hear that too. My pack weight is 32 lbs for 3 nights out. If I hang my bow on the back for whatever reason I swear my pack weight doubles. Must be a leverage thing. Weight to far back. IDK.

9Line

FNG
Everyone I hunt with including myself rests it behind their head on their pack with the stab over left shoulder and sight over right. Stays in place and quick easy access.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I want to get hands free I just use the compression straps on the back of my pack and hope for the best. Some packs you have to get creative with strap orientation but usually not too hard. I've thought about getting a bow sling to protect the sight but haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. I've been really considering the T&K bow sling, seems pretty well built and thought out.

I could not justify the extra weight. My bow will just have to live.

I got the Kuiu Bow holder for my 2300 pack. Makes it easy to carry while moving.
I am not sure how easy that bow holder goes on a different brand of backpack.

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
Yep. I currently use my compression straps. I use a bow sling occasionally when I’m going to my deer stand. I hiked just over 4 miles yesterday as part of my workout and Got tired of the bow in my hand.

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
This is one I'm watching videos on and he's a Rokslide sponsor and he offers a discount code for Rokslide members

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has worked well over the years
98db11445e8bb1e1c5b593d547f04b89.jpg

OP
lowpressure

lowpressure

Lil-Rokslider
If my tag is valid and the season is open, I would never strap a weapon to my pack that's not easily accessible.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

this has been something I’ve been thinking about also but there will be times I’m on my mountain bike or need to use my trekking poles

Ha not so fast! TandK make another fake account to push their product? 😉

I made myself a stripped down carry sling. It’s half way between the Montana and the Kifaru gun bearer. A couple adjustments and it works on my rifle also. I can get the bow off the sling just about as fast as when as carry it over my shoulders. Pretty pumped to try it out.

I made myself a stripped down carry sling. It’s half way between the Montana and the Kifaru gun bearer. A couple adjustments and it works on my rifle also. I can get the bow off the sling just about as fast as when as carry it over my shoulders. Pretty pumped to try it out.

Love the gun bearer. Was on an antelope hunt and it was my buddies turn to shoot. He had his rifle strapped to his pack and had to borrow my gun when a quick opportunity presented itself. I still give him shit for that.

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider

Kind of surprised Kifaru hasn't come up with a kick a$$ bow sling yet