Shred my clothes list- Spring bear

Wanted to get some feedback as my first spring bear hunt quickly approaches.
Elevation: 3000-5500 feet
Timeframe: last week of May.

Tops:
Base- Black Ovis 150 long sleeve merino blend
Mid- Peloton 240 hoodie
Outer- Guide vest and Kutana hybrid jacket

Bottoms:
Base- Black Ovis 150 blend boxers
Kuiu 145 zip offs
Outer- Kuiu Attacks

Footwear
Socks- smartwool
Boots- Crispi Idahos
Gaiters- Kuiu Yukon.

Headwear
Random mesh backed ball cap
Kuiu peloton 240 beanie

Gloves- leather palmed mechanix

Other options
C4E puffy jacket
OR helium II rain shell
FL Chama

What would you add to the list or remove from it?
Ben

Last edited:

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Go to national weather service website and you can get weather predictions for the exact spot. They are actually very accurate also.

My gear list is similar, but where I'm headed tomorrow the high will be 90 on the river this weekend and about 80 where we hike up to. Nights will be down to 35-40. I dont even have a jaclet with me, just a long sleeve under armour type shirt, a very light merino wool hoody, and a rain jacket/wind breaker if I need it. I also have cutoff jeans that I will wear with some under armour type leggings. Try to avoid exposed skin because the vast amount of ticks out during the spring.

OP
CApighunter
Go to national weather service website and you can get weather predictions for the exact spot. They are actually very accurate also.

My gear list is similar, but where I'm headed tomorrow the high will be 90 on the river this weekend and about 80 where we hike up to. Nights will be down to 35-40. I dont even have a jaclet with me, just a long sleeve under armour type shirt, a very light merino wool hoody, and a rain jacket/wind breaker if I need it. I also have cutoff jeans that I will wear with some under armour type leggings. Try to avoid exposed skin because the vast amount of ticks out during the spring.

Awesome, just checked that out, currently high 30s at night and high 60s in the day. Occasional showers.

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just got back from my trip, was wayyyy too hot during the day. Got up to 85. And of course it’s a desert area so I didn’t bring enough to stay warm in the early mornings. Not terrible, just slightly cold. I wish I would have had a lightly insulated jacket or hoody. It got down to mid 30’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
Great to hear back. Were you not warm enough with all your layers on in the morning? Would you have replaced your jacket with an insulated jacket or brought both?

Salmon River Solutions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would have been happy with a lightweight jacket to go over my merino 1/4 zip. Ended up wearing my super light rain jacket as a little extra layer/wind break, but a little heavier jacket would have made it perfect.

sneaky

"DADDY"
The last week of May needs to warm up or you're gonna need to add some insulation to your list. It feels like early November right now and snow in the forecast at elevation this week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk