Shrewd Grip vs. Ultraview Beereal for Mathews VXR

Gbrecka

Lil-Rokslider
Mine showed up today, so I stripped the stock grip off the vertix and removed all the glue residue. I’m going to build up the sides of the grip like the installation video shows as mine fits loose. Initial impressions were good and I like the feel and profile of the grip. Unfortunately, the grip interferes with the QAD integrate rest so that the rest won’t function. I’ll have to call the pro shop to see if the rest and nock point can be raised at all. If not, I’ll either need a different rest or the grip won’t work.

marktole

WKR
Mine showed up today, so I stripped the stock grip off the vertix and removed all the glue residue. I’m going to build up the sides of the grip like the installation video shows as mine fits loose. Initial impressions were good and I like the feel and profile of the grip. Unfortunately, the grip interferes with the QAD integrate rest so that the rest won’t function. I’ll have to call the pro shop to see if the rest and nock point can be raised at all. If not, I’ll either need a different rest or the grip won’t work.

If you end up not keeping the grip due to this issue, SEND IT TO ME!!!!

Squirrels

WKR
Well I haven’t gotten mine yet and canceled the order. I ended up making the shrewd what it needed to be. 80E77F83-A2F6-492D-A428-4489BD4C0B89.jpeg

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I like mine. The mathews engage grip just felt a little slick to me if my hands were the least bit wet or sweaty. I like the blockyness of the ultraview.

Sled

WKR
when i first started shooting i would wet my hand/grip a little so the bow would slide right to its natural point. it helped me get further out on the thumb pad and reduce torque. so, i like a slick grip. the metal ones do get cold in winter but you get used to it or wrap it.

OP
B
Just got the grip installed. Had to file the top back to fit with the QAD integrate rest. I really like the feel of it. Planning to shoot soon!
Great feedback. Could you share a pic of how you filed the back of the grip to fit the integrate rest? I have not been able to order one and no response from Ultraview regarding availability. Thx.

Squirrels

WKR
Great feedback. Could you share a pic of how you filed the back of the grip to fit the integrate rest? I have not been able to order one and no response from Ultraview regarding availability. Thx.
Good luck getting in contact with them. I had to open a PayPal claim to get a refund for not ever receiving what I ordered and nobody would answer an email.

OP
B
Good luck getting in contact with them. I had to open a PayPal claim to get a refund for not ever receiving what I ordered and nobody would answer an email.
Oh boy! Sounds like I need to be careful with an order. Thx for the heads-up.

marktole

WKR
They answered one of my emails about a month ago. But recently they have not answered. I’m guessing their production is shut down with the covid so they’re probably not working or have minimum staffing.

Squirrels

WKR
They answered one of my emails about a month ago. But recently they have not answered. I’m guessing their production is shut down with the covid so they’re probably not working or have minimum staffing.
I understand the whole COVID issue but who in the hell cant answer emails remotely. That was my gripe. Not the product delay.

OP
B
I just got an e-mail from Ultraview and apparently they are making a modification to the Beereal grip to fit the integrate rest. They indicated the grips will be available sometime at the end of June....for those who are interested.

SoDaky

WKR
So 'Breal' is affiliated with Mathews,tested the grip 'extensively' and now it doesn't fit on the Mathews integrate?
I'd say 'unreal'.

OP
B
I wasn't aware they are affiliated with Mathews. But I agree, kind of crazy the the initial design does not fit the most popular rest on the VXR.

apkleinschmidt

Lil-Rokslider
What is a Mathews Integrate rest?

Would the Beereal interfere with a plain ol' QAD HDX?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk