Shrink wrapping spotting scope

mproberts

WKR
I think I have posted this before, but I just wrapped my Kowa with camo form tape and it has worked out really well for me. These pictures are after using it for a season, so it holds up pretty well. I think it added just over an ounce of weight to it.

Attachments

• IMG_7974.jpg
    IMG_7974.jpg
    264.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_7975.jpg
    IMG_7975.jpg
    308.8 KB · Views: 65

7mm-08

WKR
Ah, I misread your post.

I just put mine in the little neoprene bag my Sirui VA-5 came in. On the tripod, nada.

That Kowa cover is still like 6 oz tho?
You just saved me a $100-plus purchase. I have the same Sirui item and the bag that came with it works perfectly for my Kowa scope. Thanks for this suggestion - brilliant use of a secondary item that was destined to sit in a box in a closet!

Spoony

FNG
My spotter just came in and my thought is to borrow my gf's sewing machine and give it a try. I have a leaky pair of waders that I could get some camo neoprene from. I also thought about modifying a camo sock. Nothing wrong with what you got going on.

Maverick1

WKR
I've shrink wrapped a number of things for hunting over the years. Mostly to keep them quiet - climbing sticks, metal contact points on treestands and platforms, carabiners, etc. It does a great job quieting things down and keeping scratches off of the metal underneath. Taking the shrink wrap off is a pain, though. @Marbles - I'd actually be more concerned about scratching the spotting scope taking the shrink wrap off - whenever that time comes.