No discussion needed. Auto or revolver

• Drum of ammo

Votes: 21 21.2%
  • Magazine of ammo

Votes: 78 78.8%

• Total voters

FCCDerek

FNG
It looks like you’ve decided what’s best for you. Good work. Let’s not get touchy because I chose differently.
I don't do bare lead bullets in my glocks, but the powder coated ones I've shot a lot of and have not noticed anything as far as leading goes. I was very diligent in checking the barrel when I first tried them out. It's the Federal Syntech ones. They feed well and shoot well and I like using them at the range. I'd never heard anybody say ya couldn't run solid copper bullets in glocks until this thread though. That's interesting. My preferred carry round in my Glocks is the Underwood/Lehigh 90 grain extreme defender. I've shot about 100 of them through the pistols I carry them in (G19, Shadow Systems MR920 and 918) and didn't see any issues. No more coppering than jacketed rounds in the barrel.

dla

WKR
Correct. The rifling in the Glock will build up with lead very fast and can cause dangerous pressure. Also the chamber has very little support.
This is the sort of untruth on forums that causes newbies (a) buy stuff they don't need and (b) spread the same nonsense in another forum.

But I'll bet the manufacturers of aftermarket barrels love it.

This is the sort of untruth on forums that causes newbies (a) buy stuff they don't need and (b) spread the same nonsense in another forum.

But I'll bet the manufacturers of aftermarket barrels love it.
Your kind of a weird dude. Do you have a personal stake in this somehow? Or are you just childish enough to not be able to disagree? I wouldn’t shoot a Glock with high power cast loads without an aftermarket barrel. I provided two solid points of evidence to back my view. Those two points happen to be from the manufacturer and the NRA, somehow you believe you know better. That’s cool with me. I’d don’t care what you think, you don’t have to care what I think so long as you can learn to control yourself. Buzz off man child.

Last edited:

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
Your kind of a weird dude. Do you have a personal stake in this somehow? Or are you just childish enough to not be able to disagree? I wouldn’t shoot a Glock without an aftermarket barrel. I provided good evidence to back my view. You disagree, that’s cool with me. Buzz off man child.

What evidence have you provided that a Glock needs an aftermarket barrel to be shot?

All I’ve seen is that you prove that Glock says to use jacketed bullets and commercially manufactured ammo and Springfield says to use commercially manufactured ammo. You are fine not following Springfield’s recommendations but for some reason you’d be super scared to go against Glock’s recommendations. It makes no sense to me. Do you not believe that I and others shoot tens of thousands of lead bullets through factory Glock barrels with no problems?

Do you know what makes a barrel lead up?

Do you know how easy it would be to make your XD-M lead up and subsequently be unsafe to shoot jacketed bullets without cleaning?

Do you know that several other manufacturers use Polygonal rifling without warnings about lead bullets.

Reactions: dla
Oh look it’s Mr. oddly invested #2. You guys are like talking guns…. I imagine you aren’t familiar with that term. You can google it. Or have your buddy Mr. oddly invested #1 do it for you.
Hey, weird idea here… let’s just not agree. Ever hear of that? Who’s a good boy!

dla

WKR
Your kind of a weird dude. Do you have a personal stake in this somehow? Or are you just childish enough to not be able to disagree? I wouldn’t shoot a Glock with high power cast loads without an aftermarket barrel. I provided two solid points of evidence to back my view. Those two points happen to be from the manufacturer and the NRA, somehow you believe you know better. That’s cool with me. I’d don’t care what you think, you don’t have to care what I think so long as you can learn to control yourself. Buzz off man child.
I hate to see garbage passed off as "truth" on this forum. It is not a matter of disagreement, it is a matter of misleading newbies.
I quoted your post directly, and your post is false. Sorry my truth ran over your dogma - it happens.

dla

WKR
. I provided two solid points of evidence to back my view. Those two points happen to be from the manufacturer and the NRA, somehow you believe you know better.
Both of you so-called "solid points of evidence" are contradicted by decades of thousands of Glock shooters (although the NRA one was obviously written by someone lacking experience).
But then you'd know all this with an open mind and a little humility.

(although the NRA one was obviously written by someone lacking experience).
Obviously. Otherwise he would agree with you. How about this….

You are right, I care a lot about what you think. You win the contest and the big prize. Good job champ! Looks like we’ve nothing left to argue about. I am utterly defeated and I’ll be here licking my wounds. Tell your buddy, same goes for him.

Last edited:

FCCDerek

FNG
I don’t live or hunt in bear country, but I think I’d be leaning more towards a Glock 20 if I were in that boat.
The Glock 20 is a good pistol if it fits your hands. Just didn't fit mine well at all. I tried to like the one I had but ended up selling it. I like my M&P 10mm a ton more than my G20. Fits my hands perfectly and shoots just as well, if not a little better.

j43097

FNG
I've talked to a couple search and rescue guys that have been present on bear attacks. People are often still pumping rounds into the bear while its on top of them. If you press the muzzle into something with an auto it presses the slide out of battery and you wind up with a dead trigger. I carry a Glock with a under barrel light that extends beyond the barrel, seems to correct the problem. Just food for thought.

OdinIII

Lil-Rokslider
I've talked to a couple search and rescue guys that have been present on bear attacks. People are often still pumping rounds into the bear while its on top of them. If you press the muzzle into something with an auto it presses the slide out of battery and you wind up with a dead trigger. I carry a Glock with a under barrel light that extends beyond the barrel, seems to correct the problem. Just food for thought.

Solid suggestion. This is one area where the G20 beats the G40.

Big part of the reason my XDM has a rail. I have a small Inforcrce light that protrudes beyond the barrel as well.