Side arms?!?!

Jackelope

Lil-Rokslider
I carry a Glock 22...like most others, more for the 2 legged critters than the 4. Whats everyone use for a holster setup with your pack on?? Thats my question of the day.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
I clip an uncle Mikes Holster on my molle webbing, but I am strongly considering having Paul at FHF Gear make me one of his sweet custom jobs.

B

bearguide

big guns are better if you actually have to put them to use/but they always feel to heavy when you are carrying them/ i carry 45 auto or 44 mag tarus/ but i think i would like a 454 catsull

hunting1

WKR
Taurus 450 Ti in 45 Long Colt with 250-lead flat tips at a cool 1000 fps. A real thumper and weighs very little. Every time I see a bear they know I have a tag because they are running as fast as possible to get away. :)

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
big guns are better if you actually have to put them to use/but they always feel to heavy when you are carrying them/ i carry 45 auto or 44 mag tarus/ but i think i would like a 454 catsull

That catsull is as big as my leg, I would need to employ a sherpa to carry it for me. It is the most powerful handgun I have shot, it would probably knock the tracks of a Bradley

I live and hunt in Grizzly country so having a weapon along is a big deal for me. During summer scouting trips I take a Glock 45 and bear spray. When hunting season starts I leave the Glock at home and take the bear spray. The reason for leaving the Glock is the extra weight of packing it all over the back country.

S&W PD329 Scandium/Titanium UL .44mag. Bought it last year for my Alaska Moose hunt. Sold the Glock 29 10mm to help fund the purchase. I love this gun and is tolerable at the range with the rubber grips. Probably eventually put the S&W .500 grips on it..

luke moffat

Super Moderator
S&W PD329 Scandium/Titanium UL .44mag. Bought it last year for my Alaska Moose hunt. Sold the Glock 29 10mm to help fund the purchase. I love this gun and is tolerable at the range with the rubber grips. Probably eventually put the S&W .500 grips on it..

I went ahead and put the S&W 500 grip on it and it helped a lot for my hands atleast as it the larger grip covers the backstrap which was my main point of concern when shooting it prior to the larger grip.

I carry a Tarus CIA model 357. Usually ends up in my pack though. I'd like to find a better way to attach it to my pack belt.

JSonn

FNG
sorry- but I am confused why people are saying that they carry side arm for the 2 legged critters not 4. Do other hunters try to rob you of your kill or something?