Sidearm Holsters Help!!

Seth00

FNG
I really like drop leg holsters. I can take my pack off and still have my sidearm on me. I think mine is a safariland.

I like alien gear for the adaptability and also like the kenai chest holster depending on what I am doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another positive experience with the Gunfighter's micro aggression panel with Ronin kydex holster.
View attachment 118676
Just hit the buy button for one of these from Gunfighters. I have a Springfield XDM OSP 10mm and there are very few holster options for this gun with it's suppressor height sights and 5.3" threaded barrel (otherwise most XDM .45 holsters should work). Add a light and optic to it and your options go down further. Nice thing about Gunfighters is they have the mold for the gun and custom build it to accommodate aftermarket items. And I've read nothing but positive reviews about Gunfighters. Fingers crossed it all works out. Thanks for the pic. It really helped with understanding the fit and position of the gun.

PA Hunter

WKR
I love my Diamond D guides choice chest rig it adjust to different areas to avoid or move away from a bino pouch and backpack straps. They are out of Wasilla Alaska and good quality. It is also comfy on horseback and accessible while riding in grizzly country.

MidwestElkHutner

Lil-Rokslider
Buy once, cry once. Gunfighters inc kenai.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

....have the gun fighters inc kenai as well. at first glance looks a little spendy, but worth every penny once you use it ..securely holds firearm in a natural draw position, buckles do not get in the way your pack (prior to the kenai would carry on pack belt...numerous times drop pack to stalk, eat something etc, and when the pack is off sidearm is not accessible), and the kenai can be worn all day and your sidearm is always there

LionHead

WKR
https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

HPG kitbags are another option.

Keeps all the essentials in one place and can Carry with or without packs.

I run safariland drop legs for work but haven't been able to make em work with a pack with a hip belt. Plus the chest pack is a little more descrete for thos non hunting trips

I cover the trigger guard with a vanguard holster on 550cord which I can untie so I can gangster carry when I'm at camp and don't wanna carry the kit bag anymore
d9f202da0087be42798c768a4f16fe65.jpg
f28badef2b768588c67cc29daa050874.jpg
7550236ee19d431b05f2d20832574247.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

https://hillpeoplegear.com/Products/CategoryID/1

HPG kitbags are another option.

Keeps all the essentials in one place and can Carry with or without packs.

I run safariland drop legs for work but haven't been able to make em work with a pack with a hip belt. Plus the chest pack is a little more descrete for thos non hunting trips

I cover the trigger guard with a vanguard holster on 550cord which I can untie so I can gangster carry when I'm at camp and don't wanna carry the kit bag anymore
d9f202da0087be42798c768a4f16fe65.jpg
f28badef2b768588c67cc29daa050874.jpg
7550236ee19d431b05f2d20832574247.jpg

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
[/QUOTE
I have the same kit bag and was debating on the bino pouch. How do you like the bino pouch ?

Just hit the buy button for one of these from Gunfighters. I have a Springfield XDM OSP 10mm and there are very few holster options for this gun with it's suppressor height sights and 5.3" threaded barrel (otherwise most XDM .45 holsters should work). Add a light and optic to it and your options go down further. Nice thing about Gunfighters is they have the mold for the gun and custom build it to accommodate aftermarket items. And I've read nothing but positive reviews about Gunfighters. Fingers crossed it all works out. Thanks for the pic. It really helped with understanding the fit and position of the gun.

Cool, hope it works well. I'm just back from a week in WY grizzly country plus had a week there in September, wearing this holster basically all waking hours, hiking, horseback riding, glassing, etc.. Worked great.

Only small issue is balancing a sturdy enough belt to keep the weight of the gun from slowly pulling my pants, with not wanting too bulky a belt under the backpack hip pads to cause a pressure point. Not a big deal, just a little maintenance.

dutch_henry

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Diamond D guides choice chest rig it adjust to different areas to avoid or move away from a bino pouch and backpack straps. They are out of Wasilla Alaska and good quality. It is also comfy on horseback and accessible while riding in grizzly country.

Love mine too. They do make hip holsters too.

I can sling their chest rig low enough that it doesn't interfere with my binos. (But I carry binos only--no range finder, etc. up there).

MattiG

FNG
Can't go wrong with Gunfighters Inc. Good people too. Their Wraith CCW holster is also awesome.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

+1 for the gcode rti system. They don't make a holster for the g40 so I order the Duty KT AKELA holster - Level 2 from kt mech llc. perfect setup in my opinion.