Sierra 77 Grain TMK 5.56 Load Data

treillw

WKR
Starting to load some 77 grain tmks in 5.56 cartridges for an AR. Would anyone happen to have a picture of the reloading manual for this recipe?

The Sierra ap is no longer supported on my android phone - says the app is too old.

Thanks!

BLJ

WKR

Maybe something/someone in this thread that could help you out.

Robobiss

FNG
Anyone have any experience using IMR 4064 and loading to 2.26? I’m putting a bolt gun together eventually, but for now have a few AR’s that shoot plenty good enough for the distances I would be hunting with them. As for the powder, I had it laying around and with the price of components nowadays, if I can use what I have on hand instead of buying another flavor I will.

I twisted up 25 test loads looking for speed and pressure using the Hodgdon data for the 77 SMK (can’t find the TMK data on their site). I started at 20.0 grains of 4064 and went up .5 grain increments to 22.0. 20.0 is the minimum published for the 77SMK and 22.7 is the max.

I’m assuming (never touched the 77 SMK) that the TMK is a longer bullet, thus taking up more space inside the case and increasing pressure. I’ve looked around for a sierra book or app but there isn’t one on iPhone, and finding the physical book is seeming to be a PITA.

I guess my question is to anyone with experience, would you be weary with pressing the fun button on any of these? Should I load another 5 at 19.0 or 19.5 to start? Or am I being a bitch about this for no reason?

TxLite

WKR
Had good luck with 23.9gr Tac and CCI 450 in my 11.85” PWS. It’s not real fast at 2525fps but accurate enough for my uses for that rifle.