Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed

Steepandeep1

Lil-Rokslider
I'm wondering if anyone has used the Sierra Designs Backcountry Bed and what your thoughts were. I'm looking for a new sleeping bag ( don't need 0 degree bag, and I need something that fits a little wider in the shoulders, and something packable ) and thought the idea of no zippers was pretty cool. Looking for reviews on the backcountry bed, or recommendations on something else.
TIA

I got a youth model for my boy a couple years back and it's pretty slick for warm weather since it's easy to regulate with the blanket style. Used it one night where it froze but probably wouldn't do much better than a quilt if it got much below freezing because of the drafts.

Brianb3

WKR
I have one. It’s rad. I love it. If it was below 30 probably not love it as much but September hint no prob. Wish they had one in a 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brianb3

WKR
The 20. I previously ran WM bags and my shoulders did not work in em. I love the SD 20* and we run a seek cub stove on our back country hunts in Sept n oct and it does great too. Below 25-30 alone might get chilly

mudcat81

FNG
I am running a 20 as well with a liner. Have stayed warm down to 28. Have a early November hunt that will most likely see colder temps. If I get cold I will be adding a couple hand warmers to the inside of the bag with me. I really like the no zipper and roominess of this bag. I have a Thermarest Xtherm in wide and tall that fits the pad sleeve on the back of the bag like a glove. Very happy with this setup so far.

Hart6065

FNG
I haven't gotten one yet, but it's on my short list. It's between BCB and the North Face One Bag. I like the versatility of the The One bag but the idea of not having to deal with zippers is tempting.

curt514

FNG
The Sea to Summit bags are great for broad shoulders also. I have the Assent (if I am remembering right) 15F in large and it fits.