sig 365 for CC

kpk

WKR
I've been looking at these too.
Why is SIG inconsistent with where they are putting the optics cut on these? The new 380s and Xmacro are in front of the rear sight while nearly everything else removes the rear sight. Is there a practical reason for this??

WTFJohn

WKR
I've been looking at these too.
Why is SIG inconsistent with where they are putting the optics cut on these? The new 380s and Xmacro are in front of the rear sight while nearly everything else removes the rear sight. Is there a practical reason for this??
The 'better' way is to have the optic mount separate from the rear sight. It gives you more options. I have an XL that replaces the rear sight, and had Danger Close Armament mill a regular 365 slide and put it in front of the rear sight. Functionally they shoot the same, but I prefer the separate rear sight when shooting irons thru the dot (occluded sight practice).

I would also highly suggest looking at a closed emitter optic vs the more readily available open emitter optics if you go down that path. I haven't had many issues with the emitter getting blocked, but it does happen. I'll be picking up some of the new Holosun EPS sights when they hit the market; unfortunately there isn't a US-made micro red dot that comes close in terms of performance. Check out Sage Dynamics for more red dot info.

IMG_0017.jpeg

robtattoo

WKR
I've been daily carrying a bastardized 365 for over a year now.
I put the XL slide on the standard frame (it conceals much better with the 10 round mag) Mounted a Streamlight TLR7 & Holosun red dot. The Holosun came back off a couple of months ago though. I was just struggling to find the dot for the first shot, although i was waaaay more accurate with it, once I'd got it!
Irons are just more instinctive for me.

I can't imagine ever changing it.

Having shot both the Hellcat and 365x side by side in 9mm I prefer the 365xl. Great gun! Both are good but for me the Sig was more accurate and felt better in my hands. I ended up purchasing the 365x with red dot with no regrets other than why did I not do this sooner.

Weldor

WKR
I have the SAS really like it. put it in your pocket or iwb, carries really well and shoots great for a ccw.

CR78

FNG
Skip the SAS model (slick sights). Get any other 365, preferably one with a red dot optic cutout. Mount a red dot and join the future. I also prefer the Wilson Combat grip module to either the 365 or 365XL grip module, the combination of stippling and finger tapers makes for a large improvement in natural point of aim (it is probably also because I shoot a 320 with a similar WC grip).

The 'better' way is to have the optic mount separate from the rear sight. It gives you more options. I have an XL that replaces the rear sight, and had Danger Close Armament mill a regular 365 slide and put it in front of the rear sight. Functionally they shoot the same, but I prefer the separate rear sight when shooting irons thru the dot (occluded sight practice).

I would also highly suggest looking at a closed emitter optic vs the more readily available open emitter optics if you go down that path. I haven't had many issues with the emitter getting blocked, but it does happen. I'll be picking up some of the new Holosun EPS sights when they hit the market; unfortunately there isn't a US-made micro red dot that comes close in terms of performance. Check out Sage Dynamics for more red dot info.

I’d wager you spend some time on Pistol-Forum!

grfox92

WKR
So the 365 is liked better than the hellcat?
The Hellcat is Leaps and Bounds better then anything else Springfield makes. It's a completely different animal from their other guns.

Mine has never had a failure to feed or a jam. Ever. And I have thousands of rounds of all different types from Hollow points to FMJ and flat nosed rounds. It eats anything you put in it.

Still with all I've shot it I shoot it absolutely terrible. I'm not on a pie plate at 5 yards. I'm all over the place. Put a full sized pistol on my hands and I can shoot tight groups on a pie plate at 15 yards. That's why I'm going to switch to a 365XL.

To be clear I don't believe it's the gun. I believe it's me. Just not a good fit for me I guess.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

JiminAZ

FNG
There is some serious engineering magic in the P365 line. I was floored the first time I shot one. It has no business shooting as soft as it does for its size and the way they cram all those rounds in that little gun is super impressive.

OP you need to rent/mooch/test/shoot the guns in question. How they feel in your hand in the shop is a small part of the equation. The dynamics when fired are what make the difference.

kpk

WKR
I ended up buying one this weekend. I picked up the x macro and knew I was buying it. I traded in an old Sig SP2022 that I haven't shot in years so that helped.

Only 1 box through it so far but it is incredibly soft shooting and plenty accurate. Very happy with it so far.

Definitely skip the SAS model. In my opinion, the best of the P365 line up is the P365X. It's the regular P365 slide with the XL grip. Throw a Holosun 507K on there and you've got a great little carry pistol. As others have mentioned, the Glock 43X is a great carry pistol but it definitely carries much bigger than any of the 365's. IMG_0916.jpeg

sacklunch

WKR
I shoot the blacked out rear vickers elite battle sight with a tritium front far faster then I do a red dot…no batteries to die or glass to break either.

FWIW.

$90 for the vickers rear and a ameriglow I-dot up front, snag free design on both.

Just buy the standard sig and get a sight pusher…a better use of $100 instead of the sas. Or better yet, buy a G19 and have a pistol that doesn’t go bang when it hits the ground.

I have big ass hands but the 365XL fits them ok. It’s small and trim enough to conceal but big enough to shoot well. I love mine.

Jt13

FNG
I prefer the original P365. I'm 6'2" with big hands and it's big enough to shoot comfortably and small enough to pocket carry in most pants pockets. The added size in the X and XL wasn't something I was looking for.

texag10

WKR
I shoot the blacked out rear vickers elite battle sight with a tritium front far faster then I do a red dot…no batteries to die or glass to break either.

FWIW.

$90 for the vickers rear and a ameriglow I-dot up front, snag free design on both.

Just buy the standard sig and get a sight pusher…a better use of $100 instead of the sas. Or better yet, buy a G19 and have a pistol that doesn’t go bang when it hits the ground.
I haven't heard of any p365 drop safety issues, have you?