Sig bdx system

brushape

WKR
Anyone used or played with the sig bdx system?? Looks pretty sweet and optics planet is having a great sale right now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could have potential If it was legal for hunting in all states... Ive played around with it a little at a local shop but that's it for me.

Hopefully I did this right. Here is a shot of oregons 2019 regs

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-04-11-52-43.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-04-11-52-43.png
    430.3 KB · Views: 75

ericF

WKR
Oregons new regulations state pretty clearly that the scope cannot be used, but it doesn't sound like they have any issue with the rangefinder itself. I just picked up a new 2400bdx for its ability to act as a ballistic calculator and spit out the MOA adustments either standalone or connected to the Kestrel. So if you are just looking at the rangefinder, there are probably less state restrictions.

Reactions: wyo

eric1115

WKR
I have the 2200 bdx rangefinder, and have been very pleased with it. Easy programming via phone app, then standalone shooting solution delivered in the viewfinder out to 800 yards (drop in moa or mil, drift for whatever you want to input - I usually just leave a 5mph full value wind and do the easy math from there for direction/speed).

25 slots for ballistic profiles, true your velocity using app, phone pulls temp from weather station or manual input. Elevation via phone GPS or manual input. Simple and effective.

I think a lot of guys get too wrapped up in wanting to be able to calculate spin drift, Coriolis, aerodynamic jump, etc when they would be better off learning to call wind better and getting more trigger time. (Myself included)

If you do need that (or just want solutions past 800) then the 2400 bdx is your guy. It talks to a kestrel or Garmin running applied ballistics for solutions that account for the above factors, real time measured atmospheric conditions, etc.

No experience with the scope though.

Ive heard descent things about the range finder. My buddy had a bad experience but coulda been a lemon. I was assuming the OP was askimg about the scope/rangefinder combo but I could be wrong.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
The scope still has a Moa dial on it so when hunting in Idaho you could just dial your shot when the warden is there looking through your scope seeing if you are dialing or holding over

When there are so many good scopes why run the risk of using an illegal one? I would sure feel stupid getting busted over that. They can take an awful lot from you if you get caught... My guess is wardens will know what they are looking at if they see Your gun topped with a bdx scope. It obviously drew enough attention that oregon changed their regulations... Seems like an easy bust for the cop/warden that wants one that day!

OP
B

brushape

WKR
I have zero intention of using this scope somewhere that it wasn’t legal that’s for sure

I saw this system touted in sportsmans warehouse monthly magazine

How do you hold for wind?? And does it give wind holds?

ericF

WKR
I saw this system touted in sportsmans warehouse monthly magazine

How do you hold for wind?? And does it give wind holds?

If you are using the Kestrel with the 2400 series, then the kestrel provides the wind hold. If you are using the 2200 series and below, there is an option in the phone app that connects to the bdx to set the wind direction and speed. I haven't played with mine very much with the phone app, but I think the speed is limited to 5 or 10 mph.

mtmuley

WKR
Why not develop a load, shoot it to determine drops, make a chart and twist turrets? Maybe learn some stuff about ballistics. If you ask me, this stuff is getting out of hand. mtmuley