Sig bdx system

ahlgringo

WKR
Why not develop a load, shoot it to determine drops, make a chart and twist turrets? Maybe learn some stuff about ballistics. If you ask me, this stuff is getting out of hand. mtmuley

Haha, so old school!!!

totally agree

eric1115

WKR
Why not develop a load, shoot it to determine drops, make a chart and twist turrets? Maybe learn some stuff about ballistics. If you ask me, this stuff is getting out of hand. mtmuley
That's more or less what I do... Develop a load, shoot it to validate solutions calculated by AB, twist turrets. Not running a BDX scope.

I'm 100% against shooting further than you have real world confirmation on. This is one of the biggest downsides to the BDX system in my opinion. I can see it being very tempting to just trust the software when you have that little dot lit up in the scope.

Too many people don't understand how changing conditions affect ballistics... How much does your mv change with temp swings? How much do you change poi going from 5k at the range near town to 9k where the elk live? Do you even have enough velocity to open your bullet at that range?

Very important to know which variables matter at a given range, which ones don't, and which ones your technology is and isn't taking into account when it puts that nice little dot in your reticle.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
I 100% agree with you guys and have been shooting the same load for targets and hunting for several years and just this last week made another perfectly placed kill at over 600 yards. I started this purely for tech purposes all my rifles at this time have scopes and are complete. Hunting blacktail is different if you haven’t done it they don’t sit still like mule deer or elk and they don’t like it in the open. I know for sure of a couple deer I could have killed if I was faster at ranging and dialing but I wasn’t and have improved that on my own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't believe it's the reticle that would make it illegal. I believe it's the fact it communicates with the rangefinder. I may be wrong but many sources on the web list OR and ID as the only states where BDX is illegal. SIGs website also lists it as illegal in ID as of mid 2018. I do not know if any law changes have occurred since then.

2nd paragraph

Help educate me. Where in the 2018-2019 Idaho regs does it say it is illegal because it does other things? Yes Oregon clearly spells it out. The Idaho regs I posted are their 2018-2019 and I have searched their regs using keywords like scope, electronic, communicate, range, finder, calculate and everything I find from these searches does not refer to the scope except for muzzle or archery. Where do I look to find the info you're saying they're illegal?

This topic has been discussed on every hunting/shooting forum around. Everyone agrees Idaho is a no go. I know a rifle builder who contacted them and asked specifically just in case all the talk was wrong. Even sig lists Idaho as illegal on their site.

This right here seems to spell it out to me... ANY electronic device, EXCEPT one with illuminated reticle. Is this scope a electronic device? Yes. We all know that. It does/has a lot more then a battery powered illuminated reticle. Not trying to argue at all. We all have the right to question things. Just the facts, atleast the way I and most see them. If you want to disagree and run the risk. More power to ya. Hope the cop and judge buy the manipulating of words/regs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-06-16-18-27-56.png
    Screenshot_2019-06-16-18-27-56.png
    521.2 KB · Views: 12

Bolo4u

FNG
This topic has been discussed on every hunting/shooting forum around. Everyone agrees Idaho is a no go. I know a rifle builder who contacted them and asked specifically just in case all the talk was wrong. Even sig lists Idaho as illegal on their site.

This right here seems to spell it out to me... ANY electronic device, EXCEPT one with illuminated reticle ONLY. Is this scope a electronic device? Yes. We all know that. It does/has a lot more then a battery powered illuminated reticle. Not trying to argue at all. We all have the right to question things. Just the facts, atleast the way I and most see them. If you want to disagree and run the risk. More power to ya. Hope the cop and judge buy the manipulating of words/regs.
As you were replying, I re-read the regs. Yes it does cover what you're saying in a semi-generic sense. Oregon spells it out. If the Scope itself was the range finder then yes... I suppose it could be argued the electronic device is the reticle itself, turned on by the range finder or binocular... but its not worth risking to try it. Thanks for the info.