SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

TNsavageman

Lil-Rokslider
I’m very interested to see how these shoot. Compact package that would check off a lot of boxes for a lot of people.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Finally got out to shoot this thing today. Got 40rnds of Hornady ELD-M 147gr through it. With the Nomad-Ti on there I am getting 2633 out of these. I figure 2610 without the can. Initial accuracy with this setup is amazing. Solid .4moa @100yards and I printed a 1.2" group at 425 yards before the wind got crazy and we left the range. I know you guys might call BS without the pics, but I dont BS and have 5 witnesses. This thing flat out shoots! One thing that has come up is the stock. It's a little wobbly/loose feeling all of the sudden. Hopefully I can fix that.

IMG_4390.JPG

Last edited:
OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Sorry, all. been out archery hunting so the rifle is on the back burner for a bit. The .338fed is getting it's barrel put on now. Once it is done I will be going out and shooting them both for more testing. But Like I said before, the Creedmoor has been exceptional.

Last edited:
Something about the Sig tapered shoulder on their muzzle threads and the little 90⁰ adapter just doesn't sit right with me. Would much rather it be left square like these.

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
Something about the Sig tapered shoulder on their muzzle threads and the little 90⁰ adapter just doesn't sit right with me. Would much rather it be left square like these.

The taper is meant to help with alignment for brakes/silencers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
Oh I know, but my suppressor doesn't have that taper.

It doesn’t have to, it still aligns. Not being critical or whatever. Just didn’t know if you knew the purpose behind it. It’s different for sure

It doesn’t have to, it still aligns. Not being critical or whatever. Just didn’t know if you knew the purpose behind it. It’s different for sure

It doesn't align any better with a suppressor with just a square shoulder and the extra adapter in the middle is just another part to introduce error into the system. I get that it works with their suppressors they sell and a few other companies, just won't miss it if I get one of these Carbon6 barrels.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It doesn't align any better with a suppressor with just a square shoulder and the extra adapter in the middle is just another part to introduce error into the system. I get that it works with their suppressors they sell and a few other companies, just won't miss it if I get one of these Carbon6 barrels.

The angle on the end also helps with mechanical friction when a can or brake is tightened down. Its great to have, but again, not something most of us are going to miss.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Update: Went over to @FisherT&C the other night for "Operation 338 Federal Sig Cross". Everything went smooth and we now have the first 338Fed Cross in our hands. This first barrel swap took a little longer as we examined the design and engineering on this thing while it was apart. But overall, it wasn't too complicated. I will say, having a hydraulic press and the right tools are a huge help. If you have any specific questions, reach out to Chase via his website or IG page. He's local to Bozeman/Belgrade and is a very talented gunsmith!

IMG_4774.jpgIMG_4776.jpgIMG_4779.jpgIMG_4781.jpgIMG_4785.jpgIMG_4791.jpgIMG_4800.jpgIMG_4807.jpgIMG_4812.jpgIMG_4821.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any update on the 338 Fed?

I was able to take it out and fire off a few rounds last sunday But it was so dang windy that when we were walking to our targets, the dang shoot-n-see just blew right off the cardboard.. It was hard to tell through my 3-9, but it easily looked around an inch. I secured some more ammo for it finally, so I will be going out again this weekend with it, the 6.5 and some Black Hills ammo a member sent me for testing.

Also, in this rifle with a suppressor, it is very soft shooting and really quiet. It might just be my new favorite hunting rig. I will be using it on my upcoming elk hunting trips.

Last edited:

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Thx for doing the lords work. I’m on a elk hunt in Colorado right now with my cross in 308. Will be making the switch to 338 ASAP.

redcorn65

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome. Thx for doing the lords work. I’m on a elk hunt in Colorado right now with my cross in 308. Will be making the switch to 338 ASAP.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When are these going to become available?
barrels are basically sold before arrival at this point. To secure one, folks just need to give us a call and place an order over the phone. This puts your name on one. We are ramping up orders substantially to be able to have some in stock though. Hoping to have some readily available by end of December/Jan sometime.

Last edited:
OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Range report:
I finally had some time to go to the range and get both rifles sighted in. The 338Fed is a dream to shoot! With the Omega 36M on there, it is a gentle push (recoil) and is really quiet! The old stock federal 210gr soft point ammo performed good as well. I can't wait to load some ELD-X's in these..

The 6.5 shot great and I am confident I can squeeze some more accuracy out of the barrels.. but for factory ammo, I won't complain about sub 1/2" groups!!

338 Federal:
Ballistic-X-Export-2021-11-11 14:52:06.598432.jpg

6.5 creed. It says 140gr ELDM, but this was Black hills 130gr match ammo I am testing out. The hornady 140, 147 and 143gr ELD-X all shoot about the same, around 1/2"..
Ballistic-X-Export-2021-11-11 14:49:55.866212.jpg

Used my 308 cross last elk season and loved it. Wishing someone would build a carbon hand guard and I would do a 16” carbon barrel in 7mm08 for a backcountry sheep gun. Would love to se the weight. What will be really cool is if they would get that 277 furry out and to where we can mess with it so I could do a 7mm furry and it would have the same ballistics as the 7mm saum and be lighter. That would be my dream backcountry gun. Defiantly feel like this gun holds a big future.