SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

jmo

FNG
Exactly what I want
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The groups below were consecutive groups .3 grains apart in an ocw with 150 ELDX. Both were sub quarter moa. I'm loving this new barrel and chambering.

075e3be5c905377be22f92885fc3e794.jpg
9d3e9738c49510d2c5e1278af03f86b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The groups below were consecutive groups .3 grains apart in an ocw with 150 ELDX. Both were sub quarter moa. I'm loving this new barrel and chambering..

Love to see it! this has been my experience with the 6.5 barrel and 140gr ELDM ammo. - matt

Reactions: jmo

AkRyan

WKR
I don't think you'll be disappointed. The groups below were consecutive groups .3 grains apart in an ocw with 150 ELDX. Both were sub quarter moa. I'm loving this new barrel and chambering.

075e3be5c905377be22f92885fc3e794.jpg
9d3e9738c49510d2c5e1278af03f86b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Well hello!

tefird21

FNG
Do we have any intel on the 277 Fury release/any Sendero barrels that will be available? About to pick up a Cross in 6.5CM

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do we have any intel on the 277 Fury release/any Sendero barrels that will be available? About to pick up a Cross in 6.5CM

I just sent an email to check on the reamer status. If we can get one finally, I will be ordering a handful in. Probably will be 16in sendero lite, 1:7 or 1:75 twist.

If that doesn't work for you all, what length, twist, etc, would everyone like? After talking with friends at SIG, they say this setup is the sweet spot.

AkRyan

WKR
I just sent an email to check on the reamer status. If we can get one finally, I will be ordering a handful in. Probably will be 16in sendero lite, 1:7 or 1:75 twist.

If that doesn't work for you all, what length, twist, etc, would everyone like? After talking with friends at SIG, they say this setup is the sweet spot.
I'm guessing folks will want 20in barrels to win speed wars. I'm good with what your planning!

mjb413

FNG
Any availability update on the barrel extension? Really like the 6.5 barrel but was hoping for the option to change quickly without having to re do spacing. I know the last posting on the topic was only about 10 days ago, but didn't know if we were likely looking at a weeks or months type timeline.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Any availability update on the barrel extension? Really like the 6.5 barrel but was hoping for the option to change quickly without having to re do spacing. I know the last posting on the topic was only about 10 days ago, but didn't know if we were likely looking at a weeks or months type timeline.

no update yet. i will post any updates as they happen. With the current material, staffing, etc.. shortages it is slow going.

crich

WKR
From initial talks with gunsmiths and some folks at SIG, it was not recommended. This is because there isn't a lot of "meat to work with.' Looking around the edges of the bolt face, you can see it is already relatively thin. A replcement bolt face is a better option i think and something we are also looking into. I'd love to put a 7SAUM in these things.. - Matt

View attachment 392491
If a replacement bolt face becomes available for a larger case head and subsequently bigger cartridges I'll buy a cross and barrel swap it immediately. Theres always the magazines to contend with too... staying tuned in to this thread 👍

AkRyan

WKR
Has anyone seen a 277fury cross? I'm curious if the bolt head or barrel extension are different than the 6.5 or .308.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Extension update: I held the first 3d printed prototype in my hand today. Checking a few more things and then will have a few prototypes made from steel for testing. - Matt

Veloci_Wrench

Lil-Rokslider
Extension update: I held the first 3d printed prototype in my hand today. Checking a few more things and then will have a few prototypes made from steel for testing. - Matt
Have you guys thought about making the "barrel assembly tool", as Sig calls it? Others might call it an action wrench. Would be great to use Schnee's as a one-stop shop for Cross barrel swaps once you guys get the extensions too.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Have you guys thought about making the "barrel assembly tool", as Sig calls it? Others might call it an action wrench. Would be great to use Schnee's as a one-stop shop for Cross barrel swaps once you guys get the extensions too.

We did, but now there are some guys out there making and selling them. Mainly on the "Sig Cross Owners" facebook page. I picked one up from a member on there. I think they should become readily available soon. - Matt