SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Forgive my ignorance but what is the extension?

oh no worries! It's the piece that threads onto the back of the barrel and goes into the receiver/action. The lugs on the bolt go into the extension, when you look into the ejection port you can see the end of it. - matt

Matt:

I have a Cross in 6.5 cm.

Really thinking of a 308 barrel, but reading this thread, maybe a 338, but it seems ammo for that round is bit hard to find at the moment.

Can I e-mail you to order a 308, 16" barrel?

Do you need CC info now?

Just want to get my name on the list ASAP.

Tanks

Brent

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello and thank you for reaching out.

Ammo isn't actually that bad for the 338fed. We've been able to order it very often directly off of federal's website. So it hasn't been a big issue. We actually have 2 of those barrels in stock and on-sale at the moment. For hunting, I personally am a huge 338fed fan now. It's just a hammer and fun to shoot. We even have some handloads in the works for some longer range work. The Hornady 225gr with a bc of .515 should at least do 2520fps out of the short 18in barrel. Which will keep it supersonic out to almost 1400 yards and carry 1000ft/lbs to almost a thousand yards. Pretty dang good!

Anyway, if you'd like to get on the list for a 308 barrel, give us a call and we'll have to get your info over the phone. We'll need a card number, but it won't actually be charged until shipping.

- Matt

Matt:

thanks for responding back.

I just check Federals website, the 338 is on back order.

I'll call in a few to order a 308, once I acquire a few rds of 338 I'll order athat barrel.

Tanks

Brent

curious…how easy/hard is it to swap the barrels on a cross? Is it a DIY thing or a gun smith thing?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
curious…how easy/hard is it to swap the barrels on a cross? Is it a DIY thing or a gun smith thing?

In theory, it's pretty easy. But it's one of the times where having the right tools is key.. I would highly recommend just having a gunsmith do it if you don't have the tools.

When the extensions become available, my goal is to be able to sell pre-head-spaced barrels, ready to drop in. That would be a very easy swap. Maybe take 2-5min or so. But that will be at minimum 2-3 weeks away, possibly longer.

- Matt

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
When might we see a carbon 277 sig barrel?

Sent from my Atom_XL using Tapatalk

Not any time soon at this point. Waiting on reamers and extensions plus testing to make 100% sure everything is capable of handling those pressures. SIG will probably be first to release them. - matt

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Do you have any 6.5 creed barrels in stock ?
none "in stock" at the moment, but we do have some left aren't spoken for on this next shipment. Looking like 1 1.5month out at this point. Give us a call to get your name on one.

A bit off topic but what are thoughts a sig cross in 6.5 creed 18 inches vs 308 at 16 inches. Seems like inside of 400 yards there isn’t a ton of difference in terminal ballistics. Creed probably does better for drop and drift. Thoughts?

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
A bit off topic but what are thoughts a sig cross in 6.5 creed 18 inches vs 308 at 16 inches. Seems like inside of 400 yards there isn’t a ton of difference in terminal ballistics. Creed probably does better for drop and drift. Thoughts?
Depends on what you're wanting to do i think. If you're looking for something to hunt elk inside of 4-5oo yards, i'd go 308. Shooting further targets or something, 6.5. - matt

Depends on what you're wanting to do i think. If you're looking for something to hunt elk inside of 4-5oo yards, i'd go 308. Shooting further targets or something, 6.5. - matt
Not a long range guy. Use would be Hunting and a little target work for practicing hunting. I stretch out to 500 and 600 when I have access to a range but only to tune skills. I am a closer is better kind of shot guy.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Not a long range guy. Use would be Hunting and a little target work for practicing hunting. I stretch out to 500 and 600 when I have access to a range but only to tune skills. I am a closer is better kind of shot guy.

go 308 then. you'll be plenty happy with it. As an added bonus, ammo for it is easy to find and cheap right now.