SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Shot my first NRL Hunter match over the weekend, and it was my first with the carbon barrel cross...it did not disappoint. That rifle + the KILO10K together helped me shoot the best I ever have in a match. - Matt

unsuccessful

Lil-Rokslider
Would it be possible to get a 6.8 western barrel?

Sent from my Atom_XL using Tapatalk

pingsc

FNG
From initial talks with gunsmiths and some folks at SIG, it was not recommended. This is because there isn't a lot of "meat to work with.' Looking around the edges of the bolt face, you can see it is already relatively thin. A replcement bolt face is a better option i think and something we are also looking into. I'd love to put a 7SAUM in these things.. - Matt

View attachment 392491
I know that y'all have been a little busy, but any more info on this? I read some conversation over on SnipersHide suggesting that the Cross might be too thin where the barrel and receiver join to support a magnum chambering. Any truth to that?

AkRyan

WKR
I know that y'all have been a little busy, but any more info on this? I read some conversation over on SnipersHide suggesting that the Cross might be too thin where the barrel and receiver join to support a magnum chambering. Any truth to that?
Thin? The bullet seats into the barrel so I'm not sure this is true. Semi auto sure but on a bolt gun the barrel and bolt/stops take the force.

pingsc

FNG
Thin? The bullet seats into the barrel so I'm not sure this is true. Semi auto sure but on a bolt gun the barrel and bolt/stops take the force.
I communicated that poorly-I think the concern was that the the magnum chamber would thin out the barrel walls too much for safe operation.

BBob

WKR
It's not all about bolt thrust if that is what you are alluding to, there is hoop strength to deal with as well. Tenon diameter matters. A Sig Cross if I'm not mistaken is a 1" dia tenon. Not much wall thickness for a magnum chambering. Sounds like asking for headaches.

And if you tell me it threads into and extension and that will make it stronger, sorry it doesn't work quite that way. It may help to keep you from blowing yourself up in an over-pressure situation but it won't help you from having brass issues and the resultant clickers from too small of a tenon for the pressure.

Last edited:

khuber84

WKR
The cross operates on an extension that's threaded onto the barrel tenon, similar to an AR barrel. Yes the tenon od is smaller than standard 1-1/6" remington, but tikkas run 1" shank as do ruger American. They're all available in magnums. I've tikkas up to pretty high velocity in short magnums without much issue. I think you'll have problems with the bolt lugs/barrel extension holding psi vs the shank diameter.

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Just a heads up, we got a fresh batch of barrels in. Many are already spoken for, but currently we have the following available, although I expect them to go quickly:

308-16"-1:10T-Sendero
308-20"-1:10T-Sendero
6 Creed-20"-1:8T-Sendero
6.5 Creed-18"-1:7.5T-Sendero

dsm_pdx

FNG
Just a heads up, we got a fresh batch of barrels in. Many are already spoken for, but currently we have the following available, although I expect them to go quickly:

308-16"-1:10T-Sendero
308-20"-1:10T-Sendero
6 Creed-20"-1:8T-Sendero
6.5 Creed-18"-1:7.5T-Sendero
Dang, that 20" 308 went fast. Any guesses on the next round?

AkRyan

WKR
Can we order from carbon 6 or you? Having to get what's available is kinda a pita

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Can we order from carbon 6 or you? Having to get what's available is kinda a pita
Just give us a call, we can order whatever, whenever. The barrels on our website are just the ones we try and stock.. but they sell out quickly. 800-922-1562