SIG CROSS Carbon Barrel...

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hello all. I know many have been looking for a carbon replacement for these things and I have some good news! We will soon be stocking them! Here is the first rifle, the prototype. These will come with carbonSIC's 1/2" guarantee. For info on that, check out carbonSIX's website.

Stay tuned...
- Matt

CROSS_1.jpg
CROSS_2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Take my money! How much if any weight was cut with that setup?! 6 creed please!
haven't weighed it yet, but seems the same. Which is sweet given the longer/heavier barrel. and 6 creed is on the to-do list for sure!

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I got to handle a steel barrel model the other day. I really liked the ergos. IMO this general configuration is probably where hunting rifles are headed.
totally agree. these things are just so dang light and compact...and flat out shoot! Pumped to get some glass on this one and see how she shoots.

- Matt

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That looks slick. Darn bolt is on the wrong side for me, but that may put me over the top to buy a Cross anyhow.

Interested to see the caliber options. A 6lb .338 Federal......

Interesting, hadn't thought of doing the Fed.. might have to figure it out. The limiting factor here is bolt face (noboday has opened one up) and the magazine. have to find a short action mag to reliably feed anything you want to feed it. high on my list is trying to cram a 7 SAUM in there...

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Where are you guys getting the barrel extensions ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That has been the hardest part. For now, you'd use the extension off the factory barrel, as a donor. The good news is that it is very easy to remove and reuse. But extensions are in the works and hopefully will be available very soon...

OP
Schnee's

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It’s tomorrow.....is it sub 6lbs?

I actually just went and weighed it.. 6.6lbs. So it actually lost .2lbs of weight, which is really awesome considering the longer barrel+heavier contour! Super pumped to shoot this thing. Next step, picking out some glass.

weight.jpg

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lannyw