Sig Cross Chambering

Sbrannon

FNG
Classified Approved
Long time lurker, New member here.
I have a sig cross, and absolutely love it. One thing that gets me is the lack of caliber options. I know its a lightweight gun, but the only aftermarket barrels Ive seen have been at the biggest, .308. I think it would be cool to see a short mag barrel in one or something with more oomph, even though youd probably only be able to shoot a handful of times before your shoulder fell off. Is the receiver large enough to house anything bigger than a .308? I know its tough enough since it can shoot the 80kPa .277 Fury. Just a thought experiment and interested in y'all's takes.

OP
S

Sbrannon

FNG
Classified Approved
Yeah those are the ones I have seen. I just find it interesting that they dont make any short mags or prc barrels. Do you think that has to do with the receiver frame? or maybe the weight of the gun being a limiting factor?

Yeah those are the ones I have seen. I just find it interesting that they dont make any short mags or prc barrels. Do you think that has to do with the receiver frame? or maybe the weight of the gun being a limiting factor?
You’d need the bigger bolt face for PRC/Magnum cartridges

OP
S

Sbrannon

FNG
Classified Approved
that makes sense. Not that I'm trying to change now, but it is interesting to think and talk about

I agree though, it would definitely be interesting to see Sig offer another modern style hunting rifle in magnum calibers. That 7 PRC cartridge has got my attention for a >600yds option.

OP
S

Sbrannon

FNG
Classified Approved
I agree though, it would definitely be interesting to see Sig offer another modern style hunting rifle in magnum calibers. That 7 PRC cartridge has got my attention for a >600yds option.

Yeah I think it would be awesome to see those in the cross. Definitely would up the cool factor. If a 6.5PRC configuration existed, I’d definitely look into doing that swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Long time lurker, New member here.
I have a sig cross, and absolutely love it. One thing that gets me is the lack of caliber options. I know its a lightweight gun, but the only aftermarket barrels Ive seen have been at the biggest, .308. I think it would be cool to see a short mag barrel in one or something with more oomph, even though youd probably only be able to shoot a handful of times before your shoulder fell off. Is the receiver large enough to house anything bigger than a .308? I know its tough enough since it can shoot the 80kPa .277 Fury. Just a thought experiment and interested in y'all's takes.
We've been doing custom carbon barrels for well over a year now. Most are sold before arrival, which is why they are sold out. If you want to order one or get a custom one ordered, give us a call. There's a number of folks on here that have been using them with excellent results, including myself - matt

As for the mag chambering, once the long action cross drops, we're going to be messing with those as well, and hopefully doing some bolt face swaps, then we can do some 7and 6.5 SAUMS and stuff.

OP
S

Sbrannon

FNG
Classified Approved
We've been doing custom carbon barrels for well over a year now. Most are sold before arrival, which is why they are sold out. If you want to order one or get a custom one ordered, give us a call. There's a number of folks on here that have been using them with excellent results, including myself - matt

As for the mag chambering, once the long action cross drops, we're going to be messing with those as well, and hopefully doing some bolt face swaps, then we can do some 7and 6.5 SAUMS and stuff.

I’m very happy with my .308 right now, but the idea of a prc or a SAUM cross sounds so cool that I’d probably want to be one of the first customers of that lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCoyote

FNG
+1 for the Cross in the 6.5 PRC. That would be a deer/antelope destroyer! I think the issue isn't just the bolt face and chamber, it is the action length and magazine length.

I am seriously considering another rifle and the cross seems to be the most bang for your buck.

if they had one in 6.5 PRC with a aftermarket trigger available i'd 100% buy it. Ill probably still buy one in 6.5 creedmore but...