Sig Cross Hype

c670809

FNG
It was suggested that "the cross isn’t new it’s kind of a knock off of “the fix” rifle by Q" I used to think this was the case and it bothered me. I wanted one but decided to not buy one because of this. However, after some research, this is likely not the case. I don't know that it can be proven either way but in my mind, it now appears that the Fix is based on other rifles including the Cross.

With a little Googling, it appears that there have been other rifles with a very close design. Also, the designer of the Fix also worked at Sig. That changes things for me.

I don't have a dog in the fight but wanted everyone to Google and make up their own mind. I now feel ok with buying one. I just wanted to share because when I thought it was a ripped-off design it changed my view of the company and whether I would buy it or not.

I don't care who first created the concept, I care only about which version was executed the best.

I'm waiting for Gen 2 of the Cross but might first pick up a Fierce Reaper...

BRGT2

FNG
Jordan bud and Ryan Avery did some reviews on theirs.

I was intrigued and then I handled one in a local store. I am more than intrigued now. Super compact and the stock feels plenty stiff to me. To 6.5 creed version calls to me.
One in 6.5 Creed would be nice.

I don't care who first created the concept, I care only about which version was executed the best.

I'm waiting for Gen 2 of the Cross but might first pick up a Fierce Reaper...

I was looking at the Reaper the other day. I emailed them and they said they may be able to do a 20" 6.5 PRC. It is pricy but after seeing the thread on the replacement barrels, a Cross with a $800 barrel and having a gunsmith swap them puts the Reaper at only a few hundred more and looks like a better gun.

As far as the who made it first argument who cares. Are you all only buying guns from the very first gun manufacturer or from the companies that came along and copied them?

gtriple

WKR
With Sig not attending shotshow, does anybody have any clue if/when they'll release a 2.0 version?

c670809

FNG
I was looking at the Reaper the other day. I emailed them and they said they may be able to do a 20" 6.5 PRC. It is pricy but after seeing the thread on the replacement barrels, a Cross with a $800 barrel and having a gunsmith swap them puts the Reaper at only a few hundred more and looks like a better gun.

As far as the who made it first argument who cares. Are you all only buying guns from the very first gun manufacturer or from the companies that came along and copied them?
I care when it looks like he worked at Sig on the Cross project then leaves and starts his own company and makes a gun just like the Cross. That borders on theft in my mind and I don't want to support them if that is the case.

z987k

WKR
Well looks like the MCX is going to be released in 277 fury first, guess we'll see those in 8-12 months when people get both stamps back. I'm sure they'll sell out of these even at this price.

The ammo is listed on sig's website now. $80/box, out of stock. https://www.sigsauer.com/accubond-277-sig-fury-hybrid.html

FMJ for $40/box - https://www.sigsauer.com/elite-ball-fmj-277-sig-fury.html

Last edited:

gtriple

WKR
Well looks like the MCX is going to be released in 277 fury first, guess we'll see those in 8-12 months when people get both stamps back. I'm sure they'll sell out of these even at this price.

The ammo is listed on sig's website now. $80/box, out of stock. https://www.sigsauer.com/accubond-277-sig-fury-hybrid.html
Holy tits. $8000 for a gun you won't be able to find ammo for.

z987k

WKR
Holy tits. $8000 for a gun you won't be able to find ammo for.
Well, it comes with 2 boxes, so it's good for like a few minutes in that rifle at the range.
And that includes the suppressor as well.

I don’t think the spear is a Sig Cross/Fix/Reaper competitor though - am I missing something?

mt100gr.

WKR
The Sig Cross would have made so much more sense to ship a short mag version with 6.5PRC and 6.8Western. Both cartridges are solid picks for the lightweight hunting rifle they were trying to build.
With the barrels and bolt heads being relatively easy to switch out, I'd wager those are coming....

z987k

WKR
The Sig Cross would have made so much more sense to ship a short mag version with 6.5PRC and 6.8Western. Both cartridges are solid picks for the lightweight hunting rifle they were trying to build.
The 277 fury is a 6.8 western, but better.

FMJ for $40/box - https://www.sigsauer.com/elite-ball-fmj-277-sig-fury.html
Building hype for a military contract that isn't won yet, at least announced. Winchester just started up a plant to produce 6.8 SPC 2. So I'm not to sure where the new generation of military rifles are going.

I care when it looks like he worked at Sig on the Cross project then leaves and starts his own company and makes a gun just like the Cross. That borders on theft in my mind and I don't want to support them if that is the case.
I know Brittingham at Q has stated that Sig copied them. I guess some of his employees went to Sig. Who knows, it could just be a pissing match since it seems like there is bad blood there. I do know that the Fix is much more proprietary. The whole fire control group is at the back of the bolt. Im not sure that any of it matters anyway. The Fix seems unattainable unless you have the money to put down and wait. Don't get me wrong, I like a lot of Q's stuff. It is out of my price range for now but innovation is what drives most every industry.