Sig kilo 2400 bdx

jb79

WKR
Has anyone had any real world experience with this?

I know most of the specs but want to be sure I understand, new to the long range game, I’ve got a Mesa 300 win mag and want to be able to up load my data to the app and get get readings to the rangefinder. I will add a kestrel in the future and understand that the dumb down version of AB only gets you to 800yard.

Is there anything I am missing?

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Hey JB,

Just seeing this today. I have a review of that RF up on this board here: https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/sig-bdx-system-review-2400-bdx-part-1a.117566/#post-1108775

Should answer most of your questions, but feel free to reach out to me with any additional questions.

Alternative choices in terms of connectivity and workflow would be the Leica 2800.com and Sig's 3000 BDX binos.

I have a review up on the 2800 pre-production model I had, will review the production model when I get done with a few other things.

Same with the 3k.

Hope that helps!

OP
J

jb79

WKR
Thanks for the reply, no joke I was walking out of sportsman’s with one in my hand when I got you reply!

I’ve read your review a couple time and appreciate the info, once I start using it I’ll be sure to hit you up with any questions.

Thanks again!

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
You bet...one tip I mentioned in the review, I think...to get the best out of your rf, make sure you test to find where your sensor actually is in relation to the reticle. Once you figure that out, you'll be much more successful in ranging.

Good luck and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

You bet...one tip I mentioned in the review, I think...to get the best out of your rf, make sure you test to find where your sensor actually is in relation to the reticle. Once you figure that out, you'll be much more successful in ranging.

Good luck and don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!
Hi, would you happen to have answers to the differences between the 2200bdx and 2400bdx? I can not find much info on the differences. Thanks a lot!

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Hi, would you happen to have answers to the differences between the 2200bdx and 2400bdx? I can not find much info on the differences. Thanks a lot!
Been a minute since I looked these two over, but as I remember, the difference between the 2200 and the 2400 is that the 2400 can connect to a Kestrel with AB, which gives you access to excellent environmentals, wind data, and the full suite of AB. As there are no onboard environmentals on the BDX RF's, that has to be entered manually or sourced via a connection to your phone (which sometimes can be off as the phone pulls it from the nearest station, and that assumes a connection), so using the Kestrel for environmentals is very nice. In terms of onboard ballistics, the onboard stuff is AB lite, which lacks various things like coriolis, and therefore, your range for a ballistic solution is limited to 850 yards iirc. When connected to the Kestrel, the Kestrel does the work and can utilize CDM's for a more accurate solution way out there, past 4k IIRC.

As I remember, they are otherwise the same.

Been a minute since I looked these two over, but as I remember, the difference between the 2200 and the 2400 is that the 2400 can connect to a Kestrel with AB, which gives you access to excellent environmentals, wind data, and the full suite of AB. As there are no onboard environmentals on the BDX RF's, that has to be entered manually or sourced via a connection to your phone (which sometimes can be off as the phone pulls it from the nearest station, and that assumes a connection), so using the Kestrel for environmentals is very nice. In terms of onboard ballistics, the onboard stuff is AB lite, which lacks various things like coriolis, and therefore, your range for a ballistic solution is limited to 850 yards iirc. When connected to the Kestrel, the Kestrel does the work and can utilize CDM's for a more accurate solution way out there, past 4k IIRC.

As I remember, they are otherwise the same.
Thanks for the info!! I do have a kestrel it’s the mini one that connects to your phone through Bluetooth. So in theory with the 2200 would it be possible to gather my environmentals with my kestrel and then enter the data into the BDX app say at the beginning of a hunt and then the RF would use that info for accurate hold overs out to 850?

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info!! I do have a kestrel it’s the mini one that connects to your phone through Bluetooth. So in theory with the 2200 would it be possible to gather my environmentals with my kestrel and then enter the data into the BDX app say at the beginning of a hunt and then the RF would use that info for accurate hold overs out to 850?
Yes, you could do that just fine. that's pretty much what my son does with the 3k bdx.

banebc

FNG
Love my 2400, I’ve had perfect calcs done on the range out to 1500yds, in a wide temp ranges, 45-110 degf, and multiple calibers. I’ve also have perfect track record with it hunting, ranges 600-1015 yards, 20-55 degf. Haven’t missed one animal I’ve shot after ranging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

banebc

FNG
Love my 2400, I’ve had perfect calcs done on the range out to 1500yds, in a wide temp ranges, 45-110 degf, and multiple calibers. I’ve also have perfect track record with it hunting, ranges 600-1015 yards, 20-55 degf. Haven’t missed one animal I’ve shot after ranging.

Sorry I was referring to the ABS, just seen you were asking about the BDX. My apologies