Sig kilo 3000 bdx

sportsmans challenge

WKR
Classified Approved
Has anyone played with these yet? I have been in touch with a sig rep who ran them for a while, but most i know is they range a long dam way out ( hase seen pics of 4k plus).

I am interested in these to reduce the amount of gear i am packing.

skierhs

WKR
I got my hands on them today at the expo. The glass looked of good quality and the response time from hitting the button to getting a range was quick. It’s indoors so that’s that but over all it looks to be very promising.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
I checked them out at DSC last month. It's really hard to tell glass quality in those convention centers, but looks pretty decent, about where a Zulu 5 is. Robby Denning has a review of the 5's on Youtube you can check out to get an idea of how those fare. These should be in that ballpark from what I am told.

As far as the ranging, again, it was inside, so not much of a test. But it was fast and no problem. Cool thing is that the divergence on the beam is like 1.3x.6 IIRC from my discussion with Sig, horizontal oval shape. So small and smartly situated.

Should be getting some in a few weeks to try out. My contact at Sig is hitting well over 4k with these due to the much larger receptor surface, overall, pretty excited to check these out and run them with my son's BDX scope and my Kestrel.

bigdub257

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a pair from Doug. Don't think they have them in stock yet, but should be soon. Anxious to try them with the BDX scope.

catorres1

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered a pair from Doug. Don't think they have them in stock yet, but should be soon. Anxious to try them with the BDX scope.
Started another thread on these, I got a set a week or so ago and been playing with them. Pretty impressed so far, hope to wring them out with the scope at a precision rifle course this week if it all holds together. Have hit targets out past 3700 so far, but no chance to really test yet. I will say that so far, it is the ranging champ of all the RF's I have. And the glass, while certainly not alpha, is pretty good, all things considered.