Sig Kilo Vs Leica Range Finders, help me pick one!

Overdrive

WKR
I really like my Sig Kilo 2200 has worked great for me, the Lieca I have is an older model I believe 1600 series and it doesn't compensate for angle, I had a hard time getting it to work on an Antelope hunt it wouldn't pick up distances thru the heat waves, I was disappointed I went down and bought the Sig and next day out it worked flawlessly in the heat waves.

Wassid82

WKR
I have had several brands but not sig. I have graduated to Leica and think the glass is outstanding. I wont turn back

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
Line of sight then angle.

Line of sight is immediate. Then count one one thousand, two one thousand and you get the angle compensated distance. It is easily the biggest downside of it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@westonadkins I was just digging around in the manual of my 2700-B and couldn't find if I need to use a setting for angle compensation (unlike my Leupold). I found this post. My question - does the same apply even if you aren't using ballistic curves - such as for archery? TIA.

@westonadkins I was just digging around in the manual of my 2700-B and couldn't find if I need to use a setting for angle compensation (unlike my Leupold). I found this post. My question - does the same apply even if you aren't using ballistic curves - such as for archery? TIA.

I'm not sure to be honest. I had a call into Leica, but they never called me back. And I haven't had time to play with it. I will say that I was ranging some steel at 625 yards over the fourth when I was shooting with a friend, and our angle compensated distances were WAY different. Made me think that the curve had something to do with it, but I'm not sure how that'd come in to play. Sorry to not be super helpful on that.

Sig currently has the best rangfinders on the market (excluding glass). There are plenty of reviews to that. Their glass is not yet top tier, but it is barely behind.

crosey5

FNG
This is what I am leaning towards, then again last night I was leaning Sig lol. But I cant ignore the glass quality of leica and the reticle ability to read through tighter windows from what I have read.

I still have questions after reading countless reviews and product features on the 2800.com. Mainly on the ballistic capabilities paired with my Iphone as I do not plan to ever own or bring a kestral into the backcountry hunting. Will the bluetooth connection work or interfere with my Garmin InReach while its also on paired with my phone? And how is leicas app user friendliness? I just want to pair one rifle with one load to my rangefinder and have it shoot back the correct drop in MOA and dial the turret on my nightforce and shoot. At the same time I want the RF to have angle compensation for close range archery and long range rifle. Will I be happy with the 2800 here?
This is what I am leaning towards, then again last night I was leaning Sig lol. But I cant ignore the glass quality of leica and the reticle ability to read through tighter windows from what I have read.

I still have questions after reading countless reviews and product features on the 2800.com. Mainly on the ballistic capabilities paired with my Iphone as I do not plan to ever own or bring a kestral into the backcountry hunting. Will the bluetooth connection work or interfere with my Garmin InReach while its also on paired with my phone? And how is leicas app user friendliness? I just want to pair one rifle with one load to my rangefinder and have it shoot back the correct drop in MOA and dial the turret on my nightforce and shoot. At the same time I want the RF to have angle compensation for close range archery and long range rifle. Will I be happy with the 2800 here?
I am in the exact same position today that you were. I am leaning towards the Leica 2800.com over the Sig Kilo 2400. I too have no plans of pairing with a kestrel. I just want to pair one rifle and one load. Did you end up going with the Leica ? If so, have you been happy with it ?

MtnW

Lil-Rokslider
Isn‘t the Sig made in China by the CCP?
That would be enough reason for me to not by the Sig.

Holocene

WKR
Line of sight then angle.

Line of sight is immediate. Then count one one thousand, two one thousand and you get the angle compensated distance. It is easily the biggest downside of it to me.

I second Westonadkins' complaint with the Leica rangefinders. I've had a CRF 1000-R for about 6 years, and I bought it with the "buy once, cry once" mentality. From the start, I was impressed with the glass quality and ranging. It annoys the heck out of me that it takes so long (yes about 2 seconds) to spit out the angle-compensated value.

That's how I found this post -- looking for a comparison to the Sig, which I've heard reports the angle-compensated value instantly AND reports yardage in 0.1 increments. For 3D shoots, that could be helpful. Hunting, no big deal.

Lastly, I feel like my Leica is always ~2 yards off compared to rangefinders at 3D leagues. This is at the 15-40 yard ranges. Maybe my buddies are off and the Leica is correct. That's what I keep telling myself ;)