Sig Kilo2400ABS Question

JakeSCH

WKR
For those running the sig kilo2400abs, have you had any issues with the "zero height" field within the app?

My rifle is dead on 2" high at 100 yards, so I entered 2" zero height in my zeroed information with the sig app. However, when ranging a target a 500 yard today, the internal ballistics calc was off by 2 MOA from what I expected. So I fired and sure enough, I shot 10" high.

I manually adjust the zero distance from 2" high at 100 to 0" high at 250 and re-range, the results were dead on.

Now that I know this it is fine, but very annoying. Has anyone else come across this?

Change your offset to -2 at 100 and it’ll work great. Essentially you’re telling the app what you would need to adjust on the scope to be Zeroed. It’s backwards from other ballistic programs but works great once you get it entered correctly.

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Change your offset to -2 at 100 and it’ll work great. Essentially you’re telling the app what you would need to adjust on the scope to be Zeroed. It’s backwards from other ballistic programs but works great once you get it entered correctly.

Brilliant! Thank you and will give it a shot.

Glad it helped you out. The first time it happened to me I was using a rifle that was sighted in 3” high at 100 and my drops at 500 were off by a lot. Once I changed the input to the negative number it lined up perfect

OP
JakeSCH

JakeSCH

WKR
Zero height is basically bore height, scope centerline above the bore. I will use the offset when I use a can for the different poi.

There is a separate field for scope height, which represents the distance from the scope centerline to the center of the bore.

There are two fields (zero height and zero offset) which are meant to be used to capture your actual POI at a target distance vs your cross hairs (height is vertical component and offset is lateral). As browning pointed it, the zero height is meant to be distance from POI to cross hairs, which would be 2" down in my case (should be entered in the calculator as -2").