Sig P220 10mm and wide meplat bullets

kmcdonou

FNG
Long time lurker, and figured some of you can provide feedback.

Just curious if anyone has loaded hard cast, wide meplat bullets (.300 or .310) and had feeding problems in a Sig P220 10mm?

If you did have problems, were they 200 or 220 grain? If you've had success, what company's hard cast bullets did you use?

I want to develop a woods load and I know Glocks sometimes have issues with wide meplat bullets. Just wondering if the Sig has the same issues, or if it does, under what conditions.

Thanks much.

kpk

WKR
From I've heard - the 220s can be hit or miss in pretty much all platforms. Issues with 200s seem very few and far between in comparison.

OP
K

kmcdonou

FNG
That seems to be a reasonable conclusion from what I have read too. I was hoping people hadn't found problems with the 200 grain, and if they had, what was the particular bullet and the meplat.

Can't speak for the Sig but I have not had issues with my Springfield xDM. ACME and SNSCasting 200 and 220 grain bullets have worked great. Underwood ammo in 200 and 220 grain have also worked great. But I don't think the cast bullets I've used from ACME or SNSCasting are hard enough for bear defense. Underwood ammo is and that is what I carry in the woods. For me, it isn't really worth the time to develop a load for that and the reliability of factory ammo is peace of mind for defense purposes. My loads are for practice and I load for hunting (non-dangerous game).

mcseal2

WKR
Mine feeds factory underwood, dt, or hsm 200’s great. Only issue I have ever had is with light loaded 170’s.