Sig P320 10mm

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Finally here. https://www.sigsauer.com/blog/sig-sauer-brings-10mm-power-with-p320-xten

I carried this last year in Alaska. The year before that we had them on a mountain goat hunt and we shot the first ones to come off the production line this spring. They are a little bigger than the 320 9mm but not much and are nice to carry. For a 10mm it's been really nice to shoot for me.. I can handle multiple shots better than I'd hoped for and it's not unpleasant to practice with. It'll be what I carry in the back-country for sure.

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Of course! Been waiting for it to be released. I Called Sig a couple times and no one could give me an answer. I was worried it wouldn’t be here before my hunt this fall. Picked up a Glock 20 a couple weeks ago on sale.

evergreenethos

Lil-Rokslider
Got one on order, can’t wait! My X5 Legion is my favorite pistol and this seems similar in size and components (FCU, frame, etc). I want to put a Romeo2 on it. What have you found to be the best way to carry one with an optic on bino harness?

Donk

Lil-Rokslider
Got one on order, can’t wait! My X5 Legion is my favorite pistol and this seems similar in size and components (FCU, frame, etc). I want to put a Romeo2 on it. What have you found to be the best way to carry one with an optic on bino harness?
Where did you order yours from?

mcseal2

WKR
I’d be very curious to hear about reliability issues or lack of them when people get them in hand and shoot hardcast.

I’ve shot a lot of hardcast through several 10mm’s. Different brands of gun and ammo. So far the only one that has never failed with any of it is my Sig P220 Hunter. My Sig 1911 and Glock 20 have had some issues. I’ve settled on Underwood 200 grain hardcast as the most reliable and closest to my 180gr practice ammo on point of impact.

On a side note the Sig 220 is the only one that has had issues with lighter practice ammo. It is fine with 180gr anything at 1250fps or so, but lighter 170gr loads sometimes cause issues. I think the springs in it are designed for the hotter loads. The other two guns are probably designed more for the standard ones. Just my opinion, I have nothing proving that. I have a thread detailing my attempts to make my Glock perfect from a while back. Its a lot lighter than the Sig’s.

Anyway I’ll quit derailing the thread now. Hope the Sig feeds everything great. If it does I’ll likely own one down the road.

badger109

FNG
I was close to buying a Glock 20 then these finally came out. But I'm not gonna beta test for Sig; guess I'll keep waiting

Yooper

WKR
I've got a few stock notifications set up for a couple of places. I'm willing to give it a try. I'm not in love with my G20 and before I sink anymore money into that I'd rather give the Sig a go.

Jarl Varg

FNG
I've got a few stock notifications set up for a couple of places. I'm willing to give it a try. I'm not in love with my G20 and before I sink anymore money into that I'd rather give the Sig a go.
I’m debating on the G20 or the sig. Definitely pros and cons to both. What don’t you like about the G20?

Yooper

WKR
I’m debating on the G20 or the sig. Definitely pros and cons to both. What don’t you like about the G20?
The overall grip size is my only complaint. I find myself constantly re-gripping the gun after a shot and I just struggled to get comfortable with it. So it was either send the gun out for a frame reduction or try something else and compare. I'm still not 100% sold on the Sig yet since I haven't run it enough, yet, but if it continues to perform without issue I'll definitely be carrying it over the G20 this fall.

Jarl Varg

FNG
The overall grip size is my only complaint. I find myself constantly re-gripping the gun after a shot and I just struggled to get comfortable with it. So it was either send the gun out for a frame reduction or try something else and compare. I'm still not 100% sold on the Sig yet since I haven't run it enough, yet, but if it continues to perform without issue I'll definitely be carrying it over the G20 this fall.
Yeah I don’t like the grips on the Glock. Also heard a range master say he’s seen 4 glocks blow up and all of them were the higher pressure cartridges. I know its not common, but have seen where people replace the barrel to help with that. I know Sig has some issues as well. Should be interesting to see how their new 10mm performs.

Tdudley88

FNG
Has anyone been able to rack the first shell in a fully loaded clip of hardcast (Buffalo Bore 220gr)? I couldnt get it to cycle the first round. If you load 14 in the clip and cycle it, it runs just fine. Pretty disappointing coming from sig and i dont think they are willing to do anything to fix the issue. Going on an elk hunt this fall in Montana and I am probably gonna buy a G20 just for reliability reasons.

Tdudley88

FNG
Have you ran hardcast through the Sig? Using a full clip of Buffalo Bore hardcast 220, the first round is very dificult to rack. If i load 14 in the clip it racks and cycles just fine. I am going to Montana in September elk hunting in grizzly country and I am not sold on the Sig being the most trustworthy bear gun.

mcseal2

WKR
I personally would be ok with that as long as it was 100% reliable when loaded with 14. I don't envision a lot of scenarios where that extra round would be a big advantage. That's just my opinion though, I am carrying a 9 shot 10mm. You should carry what makes you comfortable, I just don't know that buying a Glock is going to gain you reliability. Lots of people have had better luck with them then I did though.

If you like the Sig you might try the Buffalo 190gr dangerous game mono-metal ammo. That feeds through all 3 of my 10mm's fine, even the 2 that had some issues with hardcast. It's expensive, but so is a new G20. Buffalo Bore claims similar performance to their hardcast loads.

grfox92

WKR
Yeah I don’t like the grips on the Glock. Also heard a range master say he’s seen 4 glocks blow up and all of them were the higher pressure cartridges. I know its not common, but have seen where people replace the barrel to help with that. I know Sig has some issues as well. Should be interesting to see how their new 10mm performs.
It's more common than you think. I've never heard of any pistols "blowing up" except for Glock 20s. I have a thread about it on here. Mostly guys telling me it's not true or people on the internet just make it up.

There are videos and threads in other forums with pictures showing it. And it happens with stock and modified g20s. I believe it has to do with Glocks 10mms not being fully supported in the chamber when fired.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Noreaster

FNG
I haven't had any issues with my p320 Xten yet but if I was going hunting in bear country I think I would be more apt to carry my p220 10mm.
Yes I'm sacrificing almost half the rounds in capacity unless I use the 10 round .45 mags that supposedly don't work but actually do