Sig rangefinder confusion

The 2400 does the exact same thing.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Please explain. I have and use a 2400 and a kestrel.
I was under the impression my 2400 spit out an angle corrected range and then the correct moa for my ballistic profile.

Strictly talking about bullet drop and not wind.

Sounds like maybe I've not fully understood my equipment from the start?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
ID_Matt

ID_Matt

WKR
I was under the impression my 2400 spit out an angle corrected range and then the correct moa for my ballistic profile.

If it is in BDX mode, it will display the LOS range and the angle then the ballistic solution. If you want to plug that in to your kestrel, you need to be sure you input the range AND the angle.

josef

FNG
If it is in BDX mode, it will display the LOS range and the angle then the ballistic solution. If you want to plug that in to your kestrel, you need to be sure you input the range AND the angle.
I guess I am slightly confused. Are you using the applied ballistics ultra lite mode (limited to 800 yard solutions) or the applied ballistics external mode that sends los distance, and inflation over to a kestrel and the kestrel runs it’s solution? The 5k has bdx external I believe so you shouldn’t need to transfer anything over manually. You just need to configure the lrf and kestrel for this.

OP
ID_Matt

ID_Matt

WKR
I guess I am slightly confused. Are you using the applied ballistics ultra lite mode (limited to 800 yard solutions) or the applied ballistics external mode that sends los distance, and inflation over to a kestrel and the kestrel runs it’s solution? The 5k has bdx external I believe so you shouldn’t need to transfer anything over manually. You just need to configure the lrf and kestrel for this.
Using the ultra lite mode - if you want to manually input. Can definitely run it external and send it directly to the kestrel

SouthPaw

WKR

As mentioned above, the range it spits out in BDX mode is LOS, plus the angle of the shot, followed by your ballistic correction in MIL or MOA. It is *not* the angle corrected range. It spits out LOS to give you the proper distance to account for wind since the bullet will be traveling farther than the angle adjusted "shoot for" distance.

As mentioned above, the range it spits out in BDX mode is LOS, plus the angle of the shot, followed by your ballistic correction in MIL or MOA. It is *not* the angle corrected range. It spits out LOS to give you the proper distance to account for wind since the bullet will be traveling farther than the angle adjusted "shoot for" distance.
Maybe I'm the oddball out. But I want the angle corrected range and the solution spit to me. And I'll make the wind call changes.

If I hunt with other people I always use my rangefinder, to give them a range. Sounds like I've been doing it wrong.

I carry a kestrel so I could try to use it and learn wind doping but what's most important to me is an angle corrected true range and an angle corrected moa solution

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to figue out my Kilo 10k and it seems to be similar. While it does list AMR in the top right corner, the MOA is for the LOS range. I get it about using LOS for wind, but is there a mode available i'm missing that can give the proper wind hold and AMR moa? So far I've just plugged the AMR in the the app to get the proper MOA. It's just an extra step.