Sig rangefinders: kilo1800bdx or kilo2000

Jbxl20

WKR
Anyone have experience with both of these rangefinders? Is the kilo 2000 an older model than the sig 1800bdx? Looking at buying one or the other for archery mainly and I don’t need the ballistic functions.

Bass pro/cabelas has a sig kilo 2000 on sale for 249.99 and the sig kilo 1800bdx is 239.99 at sportsman’s warehouse.

I had a Sig 1800bdx and lost it. I loved everything about it and I was used to it. Red display, decimal yardage, fast scanning clear glass with 6x zoom. I stopped in sportsman’s warehouse hoping I could check out the kilo 2000 but they didn’t have it. I checked out a sigkilo 1000, a leupold rx1400 and the vortex ranger 1800. The ranger was nice but seemed to scan slower than my sig bdx1800. It’s heavier and over $100 more. I also understand it comes with a full blown lifetime warranty though. Sig 1800bdx or kilo2000?

Last edited:

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had my Kilo 2000 for several years. It is one of their older models. Mine has been stellar. I had a Leice 1200 Rangemastet prior and it can’t hold a candle to the Sig. The differences were very noticeable in the fields of South Dakota.

OP
Jbxl20

Jbxl20

WKR
Thanks! I did order the sig2000 from bass pro today and will pick it up in store tomorrow. Looks like the sigkilo 1800bdx is an in store only deal for $239 at sportsman’s warehouse. None of the stores near me have it in stock.

Last edited:
OP
Jbxl20

Jbxl20

WKR
If anyone is interested I ended up buying and returning the kilo 2000. It’s the kilo 2000 “shadow” model. I talked to sig on the phone and the shadow is made specifically for cabelas/bass pro and is a completely different range finder than the older kilo 2000.

I ended up buying the newer kilo1800bdx. It actually has better specs than the 2000.

They dropped the price on the shadow model today to $229. I had it out of the box at the store scanning with it and it was fast, red display and had decimal yardage and angles.

jhendley2

FNG
What made you return it and go with the 1800bdx if it had all of those features. Just curious as I may be interested in upgrading my rangefinder as well.

OP
Jbxl20

Jbxl20

WKR
They matched the online sale price from sportsman’s warehouse. So I figured If I could get either of them For about the same price then I would get the newer Model with the BDX system and it has slightly better specs.

The older kilo 2000 was 7x25 zoom and could range objects much farther than the newer 6x22 kilo shadow model. Plus the shadow was made just for cabelas/bass pro and only available from those stores.

Last edited:

Gila

WKR
I bought a 1800bdx dirt cheap as a blemished item. A waste of money really. There are quite a few rangefinders out there that are much better for the price point. In bright daylight I have to point it down toward the ground to see the reading. I sync it with my rifle’s profile from a phone but there is no enviro data. The elevation holdover data it spits out is okay at closer ranges but it is too far off at longer ranges to be of any use to me. The Sierra scope is a piece of cheap Chinese crap in my opinion so there really isn’t a reason to have the BDX anyway IMHO.