Sig Sauer cross for Hunting opinions

SDHNTR

WKR
I checked one out at a LGS a couple weeks ago. Very light but I think the barrel length is too short. Should be a minimum of 20" which would not amount to a large increase in weight.

My .02
But the tacticool doods need to “run” their cans in order to fit in. They can’t have those super long barrels! And they get in the way of the flat brim.

Last edited:

tann435

FNG
I have been looking at one as well also in 6.5CM These guys have a good back-and-forth regarding the pros and cons about the platform. When it comes down to it, I think I’m going to just go with a Tikka. Hard to beat that rifle at under $1000.

-RadDad
You're on the right track with the Tikka idea, especially if the folding stock isnt needed. Tikkas are one of the most versatile platforms to build upon.
Mountain tactical & evolved balistics-- can get your Tikka to custom performance in half the time at half the cost when you develop the itch.

OP
R

Rus

FNG
@Formidilosus you seem to shoot more than most. Have you spent any time with a cross? If so what was your impressions?

OP
R

Rus

FNG
Sounds very interesting if they can get that barrel extension figured out and a person could easily switch out different barrels. You could have one rifle three different barrels. That would be fun but also expensive.

But the tacticool doods need to “run” their cans in order to fit in. They can’t have those super long barrels! And they get in the way of the flat brim.
We get it. Hand carved stocks with a flintlock action. You do you bro...lol.

Joking aside...
168s at 2610 from a mild load is plenty for anything in North America minus Bison.
150s at 2750+, 130s at 3100...

Sig may not have knocked this out of the park but maybe this pushes more companies to actually innovate.