Sig sauer "cross"

Sig just released there new rifle the "cross". Light weight bolt action folding chassis rig. I believe Cory on elk101 had a prototype on a few of their episodes. Ive been considering getting a form of a chassis style rifle as I don't currently have one. Longer range gun with hunting at times but I have a few carbon/carbon long range setups that are hard to beat. This one looks good on paper. Light weight 6.5 lbs and shelf price of $1600. Since im not sure if its my style it maybe better then shelling out 2500-3000 for a custom for setup? Anyone else see this? What's your thoughts? There are a few prototype reviews out there...

mt100gr.

WKR
Interesting looking rifle. Some strange features for a bolt gun, but they are obviously adapting the AR platform to meet the demand for the exploding precision/long range craze. Bums me out anytime I see a fully enclosed handguard though - even if the cheek weld is adjustable, the scope ends up much higher than I would prefer.

I too, am in the market for a chassis rifle heading into 2020. Mostly because I just want one. The CA MPR is pretty dang slick but I'll surprise myself if I don't end up with a XLR magnesium/carbon setup that will accept a tried and true rifle that I already own. Likely a Tikka.

OP
O
Interesting looking rifle. Some strange features for a bolt gun, but they are obviously adapting the AR platform to meet the demand for the exploding precision/long range craze. Bums me out anytime I see a fully enclosed handguard though - even if the cheek weld is adjustable, the scope ends up much higher than I would prefer.

I too, am in the market for a chassis rifle heading into 2020. Mostly because I just want one. The CA MPR is pretty dang slick but I'll surprise myself if I don't end up with a XLR magnesium/carbon setup that will accept a tried and true rifle that I already own. Likely a Tikka.

I here ya. Ive been looking at similar xlr, krg, etc. Customs. That MPR has my eye as well. I like carbon! I really want some sort of a chassis rig for 2020.

Last edited:

mt100gr.

WKR
I here ya. Ive been looking at similar xlr, krg, etc. Customs. That MPR has my eye as well. I like carbon! I really want some sort of a chassis rig for 2020.
I've crunched the numbers on all of them - XLR, MPA, KRG, MDT, etc. For everything from weight to cost to ??. I'd love to set up an entirely new rifle, but then it's adding rings, optic, etc when I already have a pile of stuff that I swear I will shoot more next year....

For some reason I have to have a folding stock 🙄 and it's gotta fall within a reasonable weight for some of my hunting. Hence the appeal of the MPR!

Next step is to disassemble my Tikka CTR and weigh that stock with bottom metal and magazine - see if the finished weight will be similar with a chassis and mag. A light-ish weight folding chassis rifle with a 20" barrel gets me all fired up!!

OP
O
I've crunched the numbers on all of them - XLR, MPA, KRG, MDT, etc. For everything from weight to cost to ??. I'd love to set up an entirely new rifle, but then it's adding rings, optic, etc when I already have a pile of stuff that I swear I will shoot more next year....

For some reason I have to have a folding stock 🙄 and it's gotta fall within a reasonable weight for some of my hunting. Hence the appeal of the MPR!

Next step is to disassemble my Tikka CTR and weigh that stock with bottom metal and magazine - see if the finished weight will be similar with a chassis and mag. A light-ish weight folding chassis rifle with a 20" barrel gets me all fired up!!

I couldnt agree more. I want it to be usable in the backcountry. Majority of my hunting is hells canyon area of E. Oregon with some outa state thats similar. The steeper and deeper the better! It would see lots of range time but for me to justify spending the money on a entirely new setup I want it to be dual purpose. Ive got to many in the safe that dont get touched as it is

Goatie

Lil-Rokslider
I’d just get a fix by Q.

yeah but then you’d have to pay 40% or so more and know you gave your money to a super cocky arrogant guy who talks about how everyone in the industry is stupid.
Honestly the “fix” is a pretty cool looking gun. I’m just throwing some shade after listening to Qllc podcast too many times.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
yeah but then you’d have to pay 40% or so more and know you gave your money to a super cocky arrogant guy who talks about how everyone in the industry is stupid.
Honestly the “fix” is a pretty cool looking gun. I’m just throwing some shade after listening to Qllc podcast too many times.

ive never listened or seen anything by the guy, just seems like a cool gun. That being said, I prefer to not give $$$ to Dbags.

OP
O
I’d just get a fix by Q.

It is a cool looking rifle but for that price I would probably build one... Which really is the route I may go. I like the MPR but christensen horror stories sometimes scare me. May just get a 700 clone, proof or HCA carbon barrel and have a XLR chassis thrown together. Still interested to here more about the new sig. It's price and features are still very appealing.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
It is a cool looking rifle but for that price I would probably build one... Which really is the route I may go. I like the MPR but christensen horror stories sometimes scare me. May just get a 700 clone, proof or HCA carbon barrel and have a XLR chassis thrown together. Still interested to here more about the new sig. It's price and features are still very appealing.

im with you, I’d like to build a chassis rifle myself not sure where to start, I was thinking of getting a CTR and going from there.

mt100gr.

WKR
im with you, I’d like to build a chassis rifle myself not sure where to start, I was thinking of getting a CTR and going from there.

This is the route I will likely go.

Most (that I am aware of) of the top name chassis are available for a short action Tikka set up. My plan is to order the XLR and the carbon furniture that they offer. Possibly a short arca rail section, too. I load pretty long for my CTR and the AIC mags from XLR might be a hair short.....MDT offers mags without a binder plate that will get me the length I need. Should all work out slick and it will hopefully be as light or lighter than the CTR stock, bottom metal, and mag.

Check out both the XLR and MDT sites. Tons of options and it makes more sense when you can see it all in pieces. Adds up fast tho!! All you really need, once you decide on a chassis is a butt stock, pistol grip, and a magazine.

Hoping to hear more on these Sig rifles. I'd also like some specs on that action just out of curiosity, too.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
@Jordan Budd posted a picture on Instagram today of one maybe she'll chime in.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I had a prototype for about 2 weeks. Shot a coyote with it at 380. What’s even more interesting than the .277 caliber is the casing that they’re coming out with. Not sure if that’s been released yet or not.

I was skeptical about the rifle before it got to me.. only seeing photos and not many specs. But when it arrived and I got to handle it a bit I was super impressed. Not your traditional hunting rifle but from the limited time I’ve had it I’ve been pretty impressed. I’ll have it back for the winter, here in the next week or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TauPhi111

WKR
I’d just get a fix by Q.

A-freakin-men. The Sig gun is just a Fix knockoff. I love Sig stuff but this is a pretty blatant copy and a lame move. For those of you that think KB is a cocky douchebag, that might be true, but not without reason or the experience to back it up. Listen to his podcast and his experiences working through the gun industry. A lot of the things Q puts out are indeed truly innovative. Like the trigger on the Fix - genius. Little details you wouldn't even think matter were designed in such a way that matter and increase functionality. That engineering is why it's over 3 grand.