Sig sauer "cross"

Do the math on the .277 140 grainer they are talking about. It isnt all that spectacular ballistically unless they released some secret squirell stuff. It really mimics the 308 178 gr results for much of the distance out to 1k. For a premium price...I think I'll stick with 308 and 6.5.

And no, not a Fix knockoff. LOTS of differences. If looks were the test then all cars are knockoffs, all trucks certainly are. I foresee this having way less problems than the Fix continues to have.

ElPollo

WKR
I think the ballistics they are talking about become impressive if you are talking about the mass of an ammunition load-out for a machine gun or shipping costs to move an army. However, it remains to be seen if hunters will think replicating a 270 Win. out of a short action and short barrel at 80k psi is worth parting with their cash. While I think the gun itself is interesting, I've spent the last 24 years with an unsuppressed long action 270 that weighs about the same. That said, I also think that hunting with the same gun for two and a half decades using a round that is a century old does not make me a good judge of where the industry is headed. :)

jfs82

WKR
Do the math on the .277 140 grainer they are talking about. It isnt all that spectacular ballistically unless they released some secret squirell stuff. It really mimics the 308 178 gr results for much of the distance out to 1k. For a premium price...I think I'll stick with 308 and 6.5.

And no, not a Fix knockoff. LOTS of differences. If looks were the test then all cars are knockoffs, all trucks certainly are. I foresee this having way less problems than the Fix continues to have.
Im certainly not an expert, but it seems pretty impressive coming out of that short of a barrel.

mt100gr.

WKR
One review I read emphasized that they are releasing the platform/technology / availability of this performance from a short .270 with plans to next delve into the projectile realm. As in better BC .277 bullets, barrel change kits with appropriate twist rates, etc that all come back to this cartridge and this rifle. Their marketing and product innovation wants this to be the next/new 6.5 whizzybang.

I am pretty interested in the rifle but if i can find one when it's released , I'd be looking for the 6.5 whizzy!!

Apollo117

WKR
Am I the only one wondering how da fook barrels hold up to burning through 80k psi ammo on full auto?
Good question. Going out on a limb here. I'm guessing a huge gas port, innovative gas system, or the ammo won't actually be loaded to 80k PSI.

HankBC

Lil-Rokslider
Any update on this OP? Curious as to where this roads lead you, I'm looking at similar options to you with an MPR. Currently have a Tikka Tac A-1 sitting around unfired. Ended up being too heavy and not appealing to me all that much.

Happy to hear more of your thoughts on the subject!

Have always heard nothing but great things about SIG and in the Army everyone was excited about the SIG 9mm (m17) replacing the Beretta 9s. Then we got them and went to Kuwait. Idk what happened, but those ranges were the worst pistol ranges ever. Like every round had to reset the trigger and then when that happened, the minuscule amount of sand gingerly touched the slide and it jammed. We were all incredibly disappointed, hopefully that doesn’t happen with the sniper rifle contract. Or the SOCOM machine gun, those dudes can’t afford a failed weapon.

This bolt gun does look sweet tho.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I got mine back. We’re going to shoot groups at distance in the next couple days and I’ll update with pics here. Probably only a 500 yard group since that’s what our range allows for right now. But I’ll try to stretch it out further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I have one just waiting for ammo.
53e62be544f56738734099fcb21d8513.jpg

mt100gr.

WKR
I got mine back. We’re going to shoot groups at distance in the next couple days and I’ll update with pics here. Probably only a 500 yard group since that’s what our range allows for right now. But I’ll try to stretch it out further.

I have one just waiting for ammo.
53e62be544f56738734099fcb21d8513.jpg

Jordan, Ryan - Any word on availability? I'm sure the .277 will be pretty hard to get/hard to feed for awhile? Have you heard any buzz about production and roll-out supply?

mt100gr.

WKR
Right off the bat, I can tell you their locking mechanism on the folding stock has too much play for my liking already.
Well that's a disappointment already. I remember you saying how CA nailed it with the folder on the MPR - that's what I have been comparing folders to now when I am able to get my hands on them....

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right off the bat, I can tell you their locking mechanism on the folding stock has too much play for my liking already.

The other one I had was this way. Ryan probably got the one I had before. The “newest” one they sent me locks much better. I’d be comfortable describing it as solid

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
The other one I had was this way. Ryan probably got the one I had before. The “newest” one they sent me locks much better. I’d be comfortable describing it as solid

Will be interesting to see how it does in a few months.