Sig sauer "cross"

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I was very underwhelmed by the Cross they sent me. The folding lockup system was weak with lots of play. The LOP lever kept coming loose. The rifle was used before me so I can’t say for certain if it was a user abuse issue or just a pre production deal. The .277 fury was not anywhere near the 3000 FPS claim. The rifle shot around an inch which was acceptable to me. This was a preproduction rifle so this might all be clean up with the production rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arwhite90

FNG
Ugh, well maybe that means saving up a few hundred extra to step up to the CA MPR, I guess I'll have to wait and see what the Sig production rifles are like, but I'm hearing a lot of not great things about the cross at least from a quality control and fit and finish stand point, or at least not things I'd be willing to accept on a $1500+ dollar gun.

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
Tossing around the idea of getting a Cross or doing a Black Collar Arms setup. Very interested to get a hands on impression of the production Cross soon.

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Definitely waiting on the 2nd gens to roll out in a year or two. My MCX is great but sucks to have hardly any support from sig with a GEN 1. The CROSS does check a lot of boxes in .277 due to wanting to hunt with a suppressor but that adjustable stock has me wondering how robust the system is in the backcountry, looks like a bunch of small parts just waiting to break.

Apparently they are coming out with a CROSS ultra lite with lots of CF called the “Brooks Range”.

Sig also said that there are other rounds coming out as well, in long action lengths.

I’m between this gun and a Sako S20 in a 20” .300wm for suppressor use. Same price point about.

Slappy

FNG
Tossing around the idea of getting a Cross or doing a Black Collar Arms setup. Very interested to get a hands on impression of the production Cross soon.
It’s funny you bring up the Black Collar Arms, I’ve been eyeing the Remington 700 CP Pistol. I think it would make a fun little tree stand rifle. Without derailing the thread though, I’m counting on the Cross being a performer. I’m sick of lugging around 12-14lbs rifles haha

Wiscgunner

Lil-Rokslider
I wish the Cross came with a magnum bolt face for shortmags. Hope the flexibility plans for the platform don’t go the way of the MPX.

I have only put about 50 rounds through my Cross (308 win) but it has functioned flawlessly so far. The bolt runs smooth and I had no issues cycling, ejecting etc. The magazine seats positively and releases easy once I got used to the release location. The trigger is smooth and crisp and easily adjustable. All of the stock adjustments held and did not need any tightening after shooting. The folding stock feels like a quality piece, it’s sturdy and tight and easily folds once you figure it out. It does have some kick which I expected with the weight of the rifle, but it’s manageable. I sighted in a VX5 1-5X scope and completed the barrel break in at the same time. It shoots much better then my current capabilities but I hope to practice and improve. I removed and stripped the bolt down to clean and lube which was easy even for a newbie. All of the parts feel solid and very well machined/manufactured. Figured I give a brief review for those looking. I was going to post on another site but was turned off by politics and negativity. Thank you for keeping politics off this forum so shooters of ALL backgrounds can share experiences, be part of a community and feel welcome.

gearguywb

WKR
I picked up a 6.5CM version. Have not shot it yet, just slapped a scope on it and set up the stock. I did not see anything that that was an issue this far. Very little movement in the stock, trigger is a two stage....it is ok, not great. I have not had a chance to adjust it yet so that may be able to be improved upon.

Still interested in this one. What is the “street price” now that they are out in the wild?

I read some interesting articles on the 277 fury but the current state of affairs in the ammo market is why I favor more “vanilla” calibers. I have very nearly purged myself if everything that I couldn’t feed from my local Walmart (under normal circumstances).

Rieckman

Lil-Rokslider
I paid 1500 in MN a week and a half ago or so. I was impressed. I threw on the cheapest scope I could find in the bottom of the closet and went to shoot it when it was 40 out. With factory Sig ammo. Shots 16-21 out of the rifleD949AC91-641B-4656-B6C3-D0E6FB6E7A6F.jpegAB5F8713-BEDC-41C1-A3A5-A7FB2CF0B2C7.jpeg021C0231-823C-4EC2-B9EC-E18750EECEE7.jpeg

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Glad I didn’t jump on a GEN 1 like I did with my MCX.

Nutnfancy strikes again!!

ChromeKype

Lil-Rokslider
Holy crap, just watched the full nutnfancy video!! Y’all need to watch it, craziness starts at the 25min mark.