Sig sauer "cross"

Kayl

FNG
I would like to know exactly what he did to it though, on Sniper's Hide people are saying he dumped sand and dirt into the action. I know if I lent someone a rifle and they did that for the youtube views I'd be furious!

^^^I don’t know but I doubt sig would be recalling the entire shooting match (pun intended) if it was an egregious user inflicted error

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
I’ve had Jewels freeze up in cold weather and fire like that when I went to open the bolt... scary stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tmac

WKR
I’ve had Jewels freeze up in cold weather and fire like that when I went to open the bolt... scary stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the worst case happened, that’s a good way to get a bolt back in the face, as happened in some early Blaser designs. Not good at all.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
I hope they get this figured out. I shot one in 6.5 shortly before the recall. The rifle felt good and shot factory Hornady very well.

alukban

FNG
Anybody have one in 308?

I’d love to know what loads yours likes.

Also...

The vid of nutnfancy’s does show a lot of sand spewing out of the safety. From what i understand, the trigger/trigger guard on the Cross is a cassette that slips in and out.

A fix from SIG “might” involve just the cassette being shipped.

1A3A5F5D-868F-472A-97F8-C1267CE5AA20.png

Last edited:

HuntnPack

WKR
I emailed Sig in regards to any Cross info.
new model, new chamberings, long action?
They responded saying no new info at this time.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Watch or skip to about 11:24 mark
Ultra lightweight back country version? YES PLEASE!!! PLEEEEEASE don’t use this as an excuse to make it 2500 dollars. The price point makes this gun. Keep the cost down and they’ll sell a billion of them.

HuntnPack

WKR
I’m sure the cost will get “cool factor” increased in the Brooks Range model due to lightweight mods. But agree, keep it reasonable.

Anybody have one in 308?

I’d love to know what loads yours likes.

Also...

The vid of nutnfancy’s does show a lot of sand spewing out of the safety. From what i understand, the trigger/trigger guard on the Cross is a cassette that slips in and out.

A fix from SIG “might” involve just the cassette being shipped.

View attachment 239362
Sand or no sand....that should not happen no matter what.

alukban

FNG

Yeah, totally agree.

A fellow on snipershide forum may have found the problem... there are 2 roller pins on the striker shroud (ref page 61 in the SIG Cross manual: https://www.sigsauer.com/pub/media/sigsauer/resources/OPERATORS-MANUALCROSS-4900265-01-REV_02-LR.pdf). The rollers are supposed to reduce friction as they ride on indeces/cuts on the bolt body for cocked/uncocked.

These can fail/break/get stuck and prevent the FP from dropping.

Last edited:

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
That video is hard to forget. Although not the same, it did come to mind the other day when I went to appendix carry (coincidentally my Sig).

Arwhite90

FNG
Anyone seen one of these in the .277 chambering? I know it says "released" on their website, but I have seen nothing but the 6.5 and the .308. That was the thing I think that most drew me to wanting to try one of the rifles, getting full on .270 ballistics(give or take 100fps or so) form a small portable 16" barreled gun. I know these guns have had some issue and I'm sure the .277 will have a few growing pains too being a new idea, but at least they're trying new stuff.