Sig sauer "cross"

Stalker69

WKR
I give it to them trying new stuff, but not so sure they will stand the test of time, and you may not find ammo in the future, or even currently. And as of now, you can’t reload for them either. Personally I don’t think it will make it in the long haul, but I’ve been wrong before. It will take years before I consider buying the .277. And I am getting old, so probably never see it.

alukban

FNG
I got my email.

It said that a prepaid shipping label and box will be sent in the next 4 to 6 weeks.

Last edited:

alukban

FNG
I have not even bothered to shoot paper at distance for groups because I am saving ammo and powder these days.

I roughly zero'd with TulAmmo (I have a pile of it) on paper at 10y then roughly verified POI on steel to only 150y on my home range. It looked to be consistent with the ammo at about 3MOA on steel.

I then ran 78gr subsonic hand loads over 5.2 gr of Unique and have been plinking hunting small game with that.

Last edited:

Jason277

WKR
I have not even bothered to shoot paper at distance for groups because I am saving ammo and powder these days.

I roughly zero'd with TulAmmo (I have a pile of it) on paper at 10y then roughly verified POI on steel to only 150y on my home range. It looked to be consitent with the ammo at about 3MOA on steel.

I then ran 78gr subsonic hand loads over 5.2 gr of Unique and have been plinking hunting small game with that.
I would hope it 1 MOA with decent ammo !

I'm waiting to pick one of these up, granted I can find one. Does anyone know when they are releasing this "brooks range" model or if they've fixed the issues the initial models had? I couldn't find a single hit about another model of the cross when I searched. The springfield waypoint looks legit but the cross would be perfect for what I need it for.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm waiting to pick one of these up, granted I can find one. Does anyone know when they are releasing this "brooks range" model or if they've fixed the issues the initial models had? I couldn't find a single hit about another model of the cross when I searched. The springfield waypoint looks legit but the cross would be perfect for what I need it for.

Probably won’t be until late ‘21.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alukban

FNG
Something that bugs me about this rifle is that the bolt can be opened with the safety on.

The bolts lifts very easily (one of its selling points) so the whole action may be easily opened accidentally.

(To be fair, the bolt is locked/held captive when the stock is folded.)

In my opinion, the AR-style thumb safety needs a 3rd position that is 90° past "safe" (pointing the opposite direction of "fire"), which is "safe + bolt locked".

E7F918C5-23DC-41F3-8F62-63C960AAECE6.jpeg0892E2B0-D06F-4E78-8D1F-B74C2FC3D3DF.jpeg

Last edited:

z987k

WKR
Anyone seen one of these in the .277 chambering? I know it says "released" on their website, but I have seen nothing but the 6.5 and the .308. That was the thing I think that most drew me to wanting to try one of the rifles, getting full on .270 ballistics(give or take 100fps or so) form a small portable 16" barreled gun. I know these guns have had some issue and I'm sure the .277 will have a few growing pains too being a new idea, but at least they're trying new stuff.
Have you ever even seen 277 fury ammo for sale? I looked online and all you get is articles on the rifle.

Avonac

Lil-Rokslider
Supposed to get the box on monday . Its going up for sale when I get it back. Never even fired it.
someone will want it. I just picked one up from a guy that got it back from recall. So far, there is a lot to like for the money.