Sig vs. Maven

So, I'm looking for some new binoculars and found Midway has a few Sig options for nearly 50% off. I was looking at either the Zulu 7 8x42's or Zulu 9 9x45's. I have read that the 9x45's are essentially the same as the Maven B.2, I could get a pair of B.2's for about $750 from someone in my archery club, or the sigs for about $600 (9x45) or $350 (8x42). Any reason not to go with the sig's? The reason that I ask is that I have heard Sig isn't the easiest to deal with for warranty stuff, does anyone have any experience with that. I'm currently running diamondback's in 8x28 (non HD) and 12x50 (HD) so either way It will be an improvement.

Last edited:

Firehawk

WKR
Never worked with Sig on a warranty. Love my two Sig rangefinders though. I have had to work with Maven on a warranty after I screwed something up. They were absolutely terrific to work with. So...FWIW, that is my Maven warranty experience.

I sent a pair of mavens down a rock slide. I had a new pair exactly 5 days from when I ship them.

Never delt with Sigs warranty. I only run their range finders.

Stingray

Lil-Rokslider
I have some sig optics. They have never failed. so haven’t used the warranty but understand from friends who have that Sig is easy to work with and very similar to Vortex in customer service. I’d probably get the Sigs.

I have Sig Zulu 7 10x42 and they are great. For the money you can’t beat that price for the 8x42.

OP
Trout&Buck
Thanks for the feedback guys, I wound up going with the Maven b.2's, and I have zero regrets. They came with lens filters too, so I guess that is some cheap insurance for the objective lenses if nothing else.