Sig Zulu 9 11x45

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
I just received a pair of these from Midway. As I kinda suspected the pair I got were previously opened/returned. They also happened to be either damaged or defective.

The right side wouldn't focus perfectly with the diopter adjustment and the main focus would be maxed out on one end to focus on something just a couple hundred yards away.

Although the packaging and included goodies were very nice, I also wasn't much impressed with the fit and finish of the binoculars themselves. Maybe Midway got a run of seconds and that's why they were selling them for $740? I'm not quite sure but it has cemented my decision to get some Tract Toric 12.5x50s when they're available again.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I just got a pair of the 9x45 and I echo your comments to a tee. There definitely seemed to be something screwy with the focus/diopter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bird35

FNG
I bought the 11x45 when they were 739. Then about two weeks later they dropped about another $200 so I returned them and order the same pair again at the cheaper price. The first pair functioned normally but I feel like the second were better optically. They felt more sharp and brighter. I also have Tract toric 10x42 and they are great.

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
Oh wow that is disappointing to hear. I picked up a set of 11x45s from Midway as well. I have been very impressed with the fit/finish and I feel they are fantastic optically. I'm not an optics guru by any means, I was just doing some side-by-side comparisons with the Zeiss Conquest and Meopta Meostar 10x42s on a tripod in my neighborhood (which does creep out my neighbors a bit). My Zulus will get their first field test in a couple weeks chasing turkeys. Sig does have a no-fault lifetime warranty similar to Vortex. If it were me, I'd send them in to Sig if you are interested in keeping them...

OP
I

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider
Oh wow that is disappointing to hear. I picked up a set of 11x45s from Midway as well. I have been very impressed with the fit/finish and I feel they are fantastic optically. I'm not an optics guru by any means, I was just doing some side-by-side comparisons with the Zeiss Conquest and Meopta Meostar 10x42s on a tripod in my neighborhood (which does creep out my neighbors a bit). My Zulus will get their first field test in a couple weeks chasing turkeys. Sig does have a no-fault lifetime warranty similar to Vortex. If it were me, I'd send them in to Sig if you are interested in keeping them...
Do you have any issue with the depth of focus on yours?

I was noticing that even with the left side that would focus the depth of focus was SO critical it would not be very useful for me.

They also just barely fit in my Horn Hunter harness to the point where closing the lid would be more effort than I want. The included harness/case was extremely nice, though.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

weisenbu

Lil-Rokslider
I have not noticed any DOF issues with mine, but admittedly I can only get out to about 500 yards in my neighborhood. I am spending some time in the country this weekend and will bring them along to do some more testing. I'll report back if I notice any issues.

Yeah the Zulu9 is a big bino. They obviously didn't fit in my small FHF harness, but I had an AGC Classic on the shelf and they fit well in there. Going to give that setup (Zulu9 in the AGC) a try this turkey season to see how I like it vs my previous setup.