Bow :
PSE EVO EVL @ 75# and 30.5” draw
Arrow :
Sirius Apollo 250 @ 29.5 ctc 50 gr brass HIT insert w/ 125 grain head
Rest :
Hamskea Epsilon
Sight :
Black Gold Verdict w/ dovetail mount.

Center shot is set at .79”, for reference 13/16” is .8125”. Basically shooting bullet holes is paper at 30’. Shimmed cams to achieve this.

Here’s my issue. At about 30’ my sight is pushed all the way left and I’m still impacting about 1.5” left of aim point. Any ideas? The riser is thicker on this bow then previous one I was shooting this sight on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Jake Leibke
My center shot Measured with a digital caliper I am .933 at back of riser and .934 at front of riser measured from inside surface of riser to outside of arrow.

boonez40

Lil-Rokslider
So…
Here’s my set up :

Bow :
PSE EVO EVL @ 75# and 30.5” draw
Arrow :
Sirius Apollo 250 @ 29.5 ctc 50 gr brass HIT insert w/ 125 grain head
Rest :
Hamskea Epsilon
Sight :
Black Gold Verdict w/ dovetail mount.

Center shot is set at .79”, for reference 13/16” is .8125”. Basically shooting bullet holes is paper at 30’. Shimmed cams to achieve this.

Here’s my issue. At about 30’ my sight is pushed all the way left and I’m still impacting about 1.5” left of aim point. Any ideas? The riser is thicker on this bow then previous one I was shooting this sight on.

So if I read this correctly, you are shooting to the left and moving the sight all the way to the left.

So I want you to do this, look at your bow, string center of arrow, your string should be center of riser, and your pins should be center of the string.
Everything should be center of the riser.

I would guess that your rest is out of square.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OR Archer

WKR
Between the body of the sight and your rail is this small bracket. You can take those two screws out and move it to the other two holes. This will move your sight approximately 1/4” to the left. Be aware you will need to reset your 1st and 2nd axis if you do it but it’ll solve your problem.
4A1B8178-2836-4899-BE9C-CD1E9C7E2710.jpeg

OP
Jake Leibke
So if I read this correctly, you are shooting to the left and moving the sight all the way to the left.

So I want you to do this, look at your bow, string center of arrow, your string should be center of riser, and your pins should be center of the string.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My center shot is spot on though so not sure how that can be out of square.
Cams are shimmed to shoot bullet holes at about 30’. They happen to be shimmed equally on each side of axel.

OP
Jake Leibke
Between the body of the sight and your rail is this small bracket. You can take those two screws out and move it to the other two holes. This will move your sight approximately 1/4” to the left. Be aware you will need to reset your 1st and 2nd axis if you do it but it’ll solve your problem.
View attachment 395083

Thanks. I’ll try that.

Yobrevol

FNG
Do what OR Archer said... if it isnt enough they sell a longer windage bracket for this situation. Is your sight micro adjust? Those have less travel than the non micro.

4ester

WKR
When you say your shooting bullet holes through paper at 30ft……

I’m assuming you mean a fletched arrow? Or bare shaft? Paper is just a starting point IMO

Running out of adjustment can be caused by a lot of things….some not bow related…..punching the trigger, hand torque, poor peep alignment

MattB

WKR

If the bow has a cable guard, the pins will usually line up outside (away from the riser) when the string/arrow are lined up with the riser/center shot due to torque on the cables by the cable guard.

Last edited:

I’m assuming you mean a fletched arrow? Or bare shaft? Paper is just a starting point IMO

Running out of adjustment can be caused by a lot of things….some not bow related…..punching the trigger, hand torque, poor peep alignment
Agree. Paper only starts the process. Don’t hold fast to a bullet hole and refuse to adjust anything else because the paper says its good.
My wife was way left until I tied in a kisser and had her touch her nose to the string…

OP
Jake Leibke

Bullet hole is with a bare shaft. It’s pretty much the same at several distances from 6’ out to about 30’.