Sight Help

I bought a LH hogg it with 5 pins but I have overdone myself. I only do turkey and whitetail from a ground blind. Now the major issue for me is my bow only shoots 247 fps with 27.5 draw at 48 lbs. What sight do you guys recommend. The main issue is my pin gap is driving me mad.

This post is just confusing.

Regardless of what sight you use(within reason) your pin gaps will remain largely the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

d3ntalbliss

Lil-Rokslider
I guess my main question is with my speed would I have been better off with a 3 pin but I guess thats even preference

You can probably remove a pin or two and try that out.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Dameon

WKR
Instead of 10 yard increments, try 5. That will close up your pin gaps and make use of all your pins.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I have the opposite issue my gaps are very narrow

What distances are you setting them up for? If you use 10 yard increments, there is no way your pins will be close together with an arrow speed of 247fps. My arrows are going 289fps and the pin gaps on my SH are fine, with plenty of room between them.

Most guys set up a 5-pin sight for 20-60 yards. But for your intended purpose, yes......a 3-pin sight would work better set at 20, 30, and 40 with 30 being right in the middle of the pin guard.

OP
P
What distances are you setting them up for? If you use 10 yard increments, there is no way your pins will be close together with an arrow speed of 247fps. My arrows are going 289fps and the pin gaps on my SH are fine, with plenty of room between them.

Most guys set up a 5-pin sight for 20-60 yards. But for your intended purpose, yes......a 3-pin sight would work better set at 20, 30, and 40 with 30 being right in the middle of the pin guard.

Yea I figured that I messed up when I bought it

kicker338

WKR
This post is just confusing.

Regardless of what sight you use(within reason) your pin gaps will remain largely the same.

Pretty good point, there is not a whole lot of difference in pin gap in bow speeds over a 30 fps. range per instance 250 to 280 but it is there.What gives most guys problems is too many pins and starting at 10yds. With any bow shooting at 245fps. or faster, a 10 pin is pointless. A bow shooting at 300fps or faster honestly doesn't need a 20yd. pin. Unless your target shooting these 2 ranges will put you in the kill zone with no problem. For me personaly I used to use 40yds for my first pin, hold a little low around the 20yd. area and this setup put me in the kill zone with ez. With 40yds. being my first pin I only had 2 more pins, 50 and 60yds with 60 being my personal max. range. Since switching to an EZV sight I've chgd. things up a bit. The EZV sight rings range from 20 to 80yds so I've set them up with different color ranges. 20 and 30yd. tick marks are silver which are hardly noticeable at 40yds. 40yds is still my main setup just like my old pin sight 40, 50, and 60yds and the tick marks are black to really stand out. the 70 and 80yd tick marks are red and I only use them for practice beyond 60yds. One nice thing about this sight is the eze of chging pin colors or in this case tick mark colors, clean off the factory paint, use a sharpie and make them any color you want.

OP
P
Pretty good point, there is not a whole lot of difference in pin gap in bow speeds over a 30 fps. range per instance 250 to 280 but it is there.What gives most guys problems is too many pins and starting at 10yds. With any bow shooting at 245fps. or faster, a 10 pin is pointless. A bow shooting at 300fps or faster honestly doesn't need a 20yd. pin. Unless your target shooting these 2 ranges will put you in the kill zone with no problem. For me personaly I used to use 40yds for my first pin, hold a little low around the 20yd. area and this setup put me in the kill zone with ez. With 40yds. being my first pin I only had 2 more pins, 50 and 60yds with 60 being my personal max. range. Since switching to an EZV sight I've chgd. things up a bit. The EZV sight rings range from 20 to 80yds so I've set them up with different color ranges. 20 and 30yd. tick marks are silver which are hardly noticeable at 40yds. 40yds is still my main setup just like my old pin sight 40, 50, and 60yds and the tick marks are black to really stand out. the 70 and 80yd tick marks are red and I only use them for practice beyond 60yds. One nice thing about this sight is the eze of chging pin colors or in this case tick mark colors, clean off the factory paint, use a sharpie and make them any color you want.

Yea thats what happened my bow shop set my first one at 10 and I am trying to undo it. I was looking at that sight its an interesting concept for sure.

murf45

WKR
If you have the option of bringing the sight housing closer to the bow it will shrink your pin gap. I'm not sure if your sight is capable of that.

kicker338

WKR
Got a chance today to shoot a 3D corse and really put my EZV sight to the test. It was a 20 target corse, the first 10 targets I used my tick marks along with the marked yardages on the corse. The next 5 I used the tick marks to aim but used the range finder part for yardage. the last 5 were with the V ring reversed no tick marks to aim with, just using the range finder and aiming with. Verdict. The EZV sight came threw with flying colors, worked like a charm. Any concerns I might have had about it working are gone, this is my hunting sight for the foreseeable future.

OP
P
Got a chance today to shoot a 3D corse and really put my EZV sight to the test. It was a 20 target corse, the first 10 targets I used my tick marks along with the marked yardages on the corse. The next 5 I used the tick marks to aim but used the range finder part for yardage. the last 5 were with the V ring reversed no tick marks to aim with, just using the range finder and aiming with. Verdict. The EZV sight came threw with flying colors, worked like a charm. Any concerns I might have had about it working are gone, this is my hunting sight for the foreseeable future.

Thats awesome!!