Sight in Bow at Eye Level or Ground

wayoh22

WKR
Hey all,

Does anyone know if sighting in your bow at ground level vs eye level makes a difference? Say a block target on the ground vs a 3D deer target. I'd think no, but maybe there's another perspective on that, would love to hear your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks

WMag338

WKR
I have done both. 3D deer and target on the ground. Have sighted in using both. I have not noticed a difference in my experience. I have also wondered about this. Eager to hear others thoughts.

It won't matter except for a little difference in form. If shooting say 20 yards or closer at the ground you will tend to drop your arm to aim. Should be bending slightly at the hips. When I can I prefer to shoot an elevated target. Keeps me from wondering if I'm dropping my arm or bending while practicing.

Ian Ketterman

Lil-Rokslider
Like Billy said, if your form is correct you shouldn't notice a difference, but dipping your arm vs hip bending will give you discrepancies.

I usually throw my target on top of a couple straw bales so that I am not always aiming downwards. Some days I get lazy and just throw it on the ground and haven't really noticed a difference.