Sight input

TravisIN

WKR
Im shooting a 5 pin hogg father and have been looking at some other options and wanted people thoughts on what they like. I shot a mbg ascent for a few years and it wasnt too bad but was more fragile than a hogg obviously. Curious about what people think about option sights and there durability? Anyone shoot and Axcel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durability you aren't beating the SH.

Axcel is nice, the detents they use are pretty slick. Light, but I have seen them get knocked off just falling over on a 3d course, tho generally their durability is a lot better than that.

Option is nice, the one I had developed a rattle, not bad, but annoying. The housing is fixed, so it can't go out as far as what others can. Pretty qood quality otherwise. I think they are pretty sturdy for as light as they are.

soundfanz

FNG
I too was looking at options for another sight for an incoming Athens Vista 33 bow.

I wanted 3 pins, and it came down to a CBE or Black Gold Pro. Ended up buying a CBE Trek Pro.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I've been using 5 and 7 pin SH Hunters and Hogg-its for the last ~15 years. They've been through a lot, but I have never had to worry about them. They just stay the same. Hard to beat.

Marble

WKR
The SH is the way to go.

I have an axcel acheive XP and it is an awesome site. But I only use it in competition. It's not for hunting.

The shot hogg is bullet proof.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

WKR
I tried a triple stack SH, briefly. I didn’t keep it very long. Seemed very heavy for how cheaply built it looked. It lacked a key feature that I like, so I sent it back. Lots of folks like them, though.

I know a lot of guys dissatisfied with the new CBE stuff. It's just not the equipment it used to be. Lots of rattles, adjustments slipping.

I know a lot of guys dissatisfied with the new CBE stuff. It's just not the equipment it used to be. Lots of rattles, adjustments slipping.

I haven’t had anything get loose on mine. Clicks are tight; screws hold. I was impressed enough by my first one over the last two seasons that I bought 2 more for my other bows.

I bought an entry level CBE sight as well. It wasn’t bad at all for the price point. I used it on my backup bow until I sold the whole setup.

@StraightWayOutdoors
Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Pine Ridge Archery, Sevr Broadheads, Bloodline Fibers, Element Arrows

I haven’t had anything get loose on mine. Clicks are tight; screws hold. I was impressed enough by my first one over the last two seasons that I bought 2 more for my other bows.

I bought an entry level CBE sight as well. It wasn’t bad at all for the price point. I used it on my backup bow until I sold the whole setup.

@StraightWayOutdoors
Straight Way Outdoors, Fulcrum Archery, Elite Archery, Upwind Odor Elimination, Wicked Twisted Bowstrings, Pine Ridge Archery, Sevr Broadheads, Bloodline Fibers, Element Arrows

Glad it's working for you.

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Im shooting a 5 pin hogg father and have been looking at some other options and wanted people thoughts on what they like. I shot a mbg ascent for a few years and it wasnt too bad but was more fragile than a hogg obviously. Curious about what people think about option sights and there durability? Anyone shoot and Axcel?

What are you wanting different from the hogg father? Guessing lighter weight?

TX_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
That’s really the only thing that’s made me look around.

If you're not set on a dovetail, the Tommy hogg will drop about 3 oz. You can lose 5oz if you go to a 2 pin tommy hogg.

A fast eddie 2 pin is 9.4oz va 16.8oz for the 5 pin hogg father.

gelton

WKR
Just switched from MBG to Spott Hogg last year and the only thing I really miss is the pin brightness, that is one thing that MBG has nailed.

born2kill

FNG
Had a MBG and was a great sight. The company has excellent customer service also. Wanted an adjustable sight so went to a HHA for a year. Last year put SH sights on both bows. Both have been great sights. I have Fast Eddies 2 and 3 pin.

Full disclosure I'm in their staff program now but I've been using Sword sights the last 3 years. Rod is a great guy to deal with and makes all of his stuff in Ohio. Whenever I call it's him that answers the phone and takes my order. Most of their models have the option of a dovetail mount and while they list standard configs online, you can have him build you what you want and there is no upcharge for custom. I believe they offer a couple gang sizes now starting this year. I shoot a 3 pin Jury Pro 19/19/10 and love it. I've never had an issue with any of mine.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Just switched from MBG to Spott Hogg last year and the only thing I really miss is the pin brightness, that is one thing that MBG has nailed.
I've always said that my perfect sight would be a SH Hunter with the MBG photochromatic shell, and the BG bubble. I still have an old MBG Flashpoint sight that has the perfect bubble, and perfect pin brightness in all light conditions. But I much prefer how rugged and tough the old SH's are.......but I did upgrade all of my SH's to their bulletproof pins as well. That was a good upgrade too.

Stalker69

WKR
I have the spot hogg ( hogg it) and I just don't care for it. I ordered an axcel landslyde and when ( if ever) it gets here the spott hogg will be sold. Or given to one of my sons, or their friends. The fixed pin SH's may be different, but the slider is " sloppy". Far sloppier then my HHA king pin.

Last edited: