Sight obscured by riser

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
Revolt x 31” draw, shooting right handed , with Hha optimizer lite sight
When I look in the peep the right side of the housing of my sight is blocked by the riser .
I see a few solutions
1. Leave it and just lose the 2-4 o’clock part of the housing ( it’s not that bad)
2. Get a sight with a longer bar

Move the arrow poi to the left so I can adjust the hosing of the right left by either or of the following
3. Dead lock adjust cams to the right
4, move rest to the left

What would you do?

Last edited:

tdoublev

FNG
What is the current gap between the riser and the center of the arrow shaft in the rest?

OP
stan_wa

stan_wa

Lil-Rokslider
My guess is it's an arrow spine problem. I would double check that.
pretty sure that not the case it right in the middle of all the charts! and iron will ran it thru there software for me,
Is the bow properly tuned now?
i have not paper tuned yet as it new strings but its shotting pretty good but i can speculate that if i move the rest enough to get the sight visible it will likely be out of tune, as it would be clearly not centered.
What is the current gap between the riser and the center of the arrow shaft in the rest?
the rest is centered such that if you look at the bow from the top down the arrows is in line the the stabilizer and thru the limb bolt holes, i have found this to be more effective than trying to measure the arrow to edge distance but i could measure when i get home!

would you inspect center shot spec as a fixed number, inline with limb bolts, or a specific number form a manufactory

Range, most bows it's around 7/8-3/4".

Bowtechs are a bit different anymore, lot of them tuning closer to the riser with the deadlock system it seems.

I wouldn't want my CS closer than 3/4" for fear of having issues with vane clearance.

Reactions: Zac

nphunter

WKR
I would tune the bow and not worry about a sight. Once it’s tuned if the sight doesn’t line up and make you happy then buy one that mounts further out or has a smaller scope.

the newer 3-track systems tend to have a slight bit of riser in your sight line when they are properly tuned. you have two options.

1. ignore it

2. take it out of manufacturer spec / tune it not down the center and have a less forgiving bow.

its primarily due to riser design and cam design if you get this issue, its usually present on bowtech or elite.

always start from the beginning. first thing is checking your cam lean. bowtech is known for sending bows out all out of whack. cam lean will determine string tracking and center shot. after that you can set center. check center with an arrow placed on the riser next to the arrow on the rest. it will be easy to see if the gap is the same the whole length.
it can also be possible to lose sight picture if your draw length is wrong and if you're torquing the bow.
if all of the above checks out then ignore the sight picture, all you need is to see the pin and be able to center it in the peep.