Sight Options - Need some help

HeadnWest

WKR
I am looking to outfit a new bow and am looking for a multipin sight with a moveable bottom or floater pin. So I would have a fixed 20,30,40,50 yard pin and a movable floater pin for my 5th. Any suggestions? Thanks for the help.

Looking for a pin to float within the housing or something that will move the whole housing and you have a pin that is the floater?

I found with the option sight when the pin could only move within the housing I couldn't get out as far as I wanted. I have been using spot Hogg 5 pins on a movable housing for a floater, use my bottom pin as my mover. Several options. MBG I assume makes a nice sight, I just haven't ever used one.

OP
HeadnWest

HeadnWest

WKR
I guess I would prefer for a moveable pin over a movable housing. I feel like in the heat of things there is a lot less to go wrong with a single pin being moved more so than the entire housing.

I guess I would prefer for a moveable pin over a movable housing. I feel like in the heat of things there is a lot less to go wrong with a single pin being moved more so than the entire housing.

You are right about that, I have a problem with forgetting to reset my housing. Lost a few arrows that way. I have yet to use my mover for hunting, just shoot the 5 fixed pins, but like being able to reach out a lot further for practice.

TripleJ

WKR
I run an Option 8 sight with 4 fixed and a 5th moving pin and I love it. The housing doesn’t move so your anchor-peep-housing alignment doesn’t either.

OP
HeadnWest

HeadnWest

WKR
I run an Option 8 sight with 4 fixed and a 5th moving pin and I love it. The housing doesn’t move so your anchor-peep-housing alignment doesn’t either.

Thanks, this is what I am looking for. Just need to find one used, cause wow they are expensive!

Last edited:

Zac

WKR
You can somehow shoot in the 3rd Axis on Black Gold Pro, I really hate sight tapes but this has me reconsidering it.