Sight pin alignment

Need some help. I have a problem with something and I can’t be sure where the problem is. On my five pin sight my 20 pin is centered, my 30 pin jumps considerably to the left, then the remaining 40, 50, 60 pins go back to the right and then start walking back to be mostly centered vertically in the sight.

This arrangement gets me on the center of the target wherever I’m aiming.
Help

Attachments

• 730179B9-9151-409C-9583-E7169902935F.jpeg
    730179B9-9151-409C-9583-E7169902935F.jpeg
    171.4 KB · Views: 70

Silentstalker

Lil-Rokslider
Have you paper tuned your arrows?

Have you checked to see if your arrows are making contact on their way off the rest?

OP
A
Not yet. That is my plan. That and then walking back. I should clarify a bit...
What would cause just the one pin to be so far out of alignment? I understand that my rest could be a tad off, or perhaps one side of my yoke a bit loose/tight, etc. I’m 100% sure papering those arrows are going to show lateral deflection, but I’m not sure where to even start tuning on account of the rest of my pins are pretty decent.

wayoh22

WKR
Need some help. I have a problem with something and I can’t be sure where the problem is. On my five pin sight my 20 pin is centered, my 30 pin jumps considerably to the left, then the remaining 40, 50, 60 pins go back to the right and then start walking back to be mostly centered vertically in the sight.

Help
I'm confused. What's your question here? From the picture, the sight pins are not centered in a vertical line. I'd get them aligned and then tune again.

Help
I would email The manufacturer and include the picture and ask them. I have never seen a sight pin like that before

OP
A
The myriad of problems is what I was afraid of haha. Just hoping someone had encountered a similar situation and had a good place to start. Thanks for the literature.

They definitely aren’t centered. That’s where my aiming point puts my arrows to be center of target.

Are you always shooting in the same place?

I suspect that something is happening that is causing you to either cant your bow, or the lighting is weird in some spots and makes you look thru the peep differently. There's no way your arrows are flying off to one side then correcting and coming back after 35 yards.

I would email The manufacturer and include the picture and ask them. I have never seen a sight pin like that before

That's a spot hogg and the pins are individually adjustable in and out.

For what I'm reading the op has the pins set, he is hitting behind the pins, he just doesn't understand why they aren't in a straight line.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Man, I can't even look at that picture without my heart skipping beats. I love having the wire that SH puts on their sights because that wire has to bisect my pins perfectly........all 7 of them.

I'd set them all straight again with the wire bisecting them and then test each axis on your sight to make sure it's level. I'd verify that the wire is perfectly vertical as well. And then start tuning.

OP
A
For
Are you always shooting in the same place?

I suspect that something is happening that is causing you to either cant your bow, or the lighting is weird in some spots and makes you look thru the peep differently. There's no way your arrows are flying off to one side then correcting and coming back after 35 yards.
Yep. Always. I mean, I’m no Robin Hood, but my groups are good and consistent and center as aimed by that pin setting

Help
I have a similar issue.... red fiber pins do not shoot arrows to the same left/right POI as green and yellow for me. Myy Black Gold sights do not have individual left/right pin adjustments like your sight. My solution was to eliminate red pins. I alternate green and yellow only on my 5-pin sliders.

As per the cause...I have astigmatism and wear glasses when I shoot. As far as I know, the left right issues from the pin colors must be an eye glass lens induced prism effect . This may be caused by looking through my glasses when I shoot with my eyes at an angle (45*?) with the lens rather than perpendicular????

Do you wear glasses (or contacts?) when you shoot your bow? I've commented on this before but you are the first person that apparently has a similar issue. Good luck with it.

For

Yep. Always. I mean, I’m no Robin Hood, but my groups are good and consistent and center as aimed by that pin setting

When I ask if you are shooting in the same place I mean where you are standing. Do you change where your target is? Shoot different times of day? Something in the environment might be playing with your sight picture.

There's no way your arrows are zig zagging around. It's something with your sight picture causing it, just need to figure out what it is.

OP
A
I have a similar issue.... red fiber pins do not shoot arrows to the same left/right POI as green and yellow for me. Myy Black Gold sights do not have individual left/right pin adjustments like your sight. My solution was to eliminate red pins. I alternate green and yellow only on my 5-pin sliders.

As per the cause...I have astigmatism and wear glasses when I shoot. As far as I know, the left right issues from the pin colors must be an eye glass lens induced prism effect . This may be caused by looking through my glasses when I shoot with my eyes at an angle (45*?) with the lens rather than perpendicular????

Do you wear glasses (or contacts?) when you shoot your bow? I've commented on this before but you are the first person that apparently has a similar issue. Good luck with it.
Nope. No glasses or contacts. But it’s a very interesting thought. Thanks. I’m glad you figured out your issue

OP
A
Diffe
When I ask if you are shooting in the same place I mean where you are standing. Do you change where your target is? Shoot different times of day? Something in the environment might be playing with your sight picture.

There's no way your arrows are zig zagging around. It's something with your sight picture causing it, just need to figure out what it is.
Different times of day, target isn’t in the same place, I’m not standing in the same place. This issue has been ongoing regardless of conditions, light, release, string, peep, etc. This has been happening for over a year. I’m just finding the time to dig into the real issues and correcting the problem vs just putting a bandaid on the pin alignment. So, yeah.
One thought I had was too weak of spine, then the FOC and forward weight carries through and corrects flight path?...

I would still contact spot hog. it's their sight and i am sure they've seen problems like this before and know what the issue is. I would guess bad form. You just happen to be repeating the same bad form for that yardage.

Try this: use your 20 yard pin on a large target at 40 yards. It will hit low, but should be straight down from your point of aim. Then shoot the same target with your 30 yard pin. It should be low as well, but also straight down. Do the same with the 40 pin (should be center) and then your 50 and 60 (which will be high). All your arrows should be in a straight line vertically. If they slant one way or the other, your bubble is not set correctly. You may see your 30 pin arrow is hitting outside the vertical line, in which case I would adjust your pin.

OP
A
That’s
I would still contact spot hog. it's their sight and i am sure they've seen problems like this before and know what the issue is. I would guess bad form. You just happen to be repeating the same bad form for that yardage.

Try this: use your 20 yard pin on a large target at 40 yards. It will hit low, but should be straight down from your point of aim. Then shoot the same target with your 30 yard pin. It should be low as well, but also straight down. Do the same with the 40 pin (should be center) and then your 50 and 60 (which will be high). All your arrows should be in a straight line vertically. If they slant one way or the other, your bubble is not set correctly. You may see your 30 pin arrow is hitting outside the vertical line, in which case I would adjust your pin.